Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need word help: aquarium+terrarium

Started by oenology, February 21, 2007, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oenology

What's the right word for an aquarium that has a land section also?
It starts with a "P" and is close to palladium but for the life of me I can't find it.

schauret

schauret

oenology

Quote from: schauret on February 21, 2007, 01:14:52 PM
Thanks to Wikipedia...  ;)
I tried to get it from Wikipedia but I obviously don't know how to use it. It wouldn't spit any answers out for me. Thanks!

schauret

Quote from: oenology on February 21, 2007, 01:16:40 PM
I tried to get it from Wikipedia but I obviously don't know how to use it. It wouldn't spit any answers out for me.

I did my search on "aquarium+terrarium", fifth search result was Vivarium... found it in there...

Stephane

babblefish1960

You know I have to ask don't you? What nefarious plans are you concocting now oenology? Sounds intriguing. :)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 21, 2007, 02:06:26 PM
You know I have to ask don't you? What nefarious plans are you concocting now oenology? Sounds intriguing. :)

Well she said she is trying to lower the number of aquariums she has so maybe she is replacing them with something similar yet different  ;D

fishycanuck

babblefish1960

oenology

Quote from: fishycanuck on February 21, 2007, 05:20:02 PM
Aquascutum
Undecidarium
Nefarium
Opium
:D
( ;DWipes spewed coffee from keyboard ;D)

Unfortunately I have to concer with BBF about the Undecidarium...
HB thinks I'm on Opium though and would prefer that I aquascutum the nefarium!

(translated: Husband thinks I'm on drugs and would prefer that I relenquish the henious aquarium collection  :D8))

babblefish1960

Pity about the keyboard, I hope it wasn't a quality coffee. :)

Pity about the hubby though, perhaps you could put him in the substrate and rockwork of your newest tank, the fishies would have fun playing with him and his bones for years. ;D

Some folk just never seem to quite grasp how important it is to have space in-between the tanks to enjoy viewing them, they somehow have the silly notion that the bare wall is entertaining, go figure. ;)

I wish the greatest of ideas to you for your newest undecidarium. :D