Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How do you transport...

Started by 2chance, February 22, 2007, 12:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chance

Hi,

My grandmother is getting relay sick :(, so I'm thinking of moving near her to take care of her BUT... I have no idea how to bring my fish with me without killing :'( them if i decide to go? it's about 35-45 Hours drive, Any one here have any ideas :-\, or has any one shipped their fish before (know cost, or procedure). Bringing the tanks is the easy part, it's trying not to kill the fish  :-\

Thought I ask  :D ;D

Oh and I do have about 4-5 months to prepare, If you have any suggestions please share.

beowulf

First off I hope your grandmother gets better.

When I thought I might be moving from Montreal to Calgary I started talking to one of the guys a BA Montreal about the same thing and his suggestion was a large container with the little battery powered submersible filters.  Also try and keep the temp in the vehicule as even as possible.  Feed little to nothing during the trip.  About it, I am sure other will have something to add.

PaleoFishGirl

I had a friend move from Toronto to Calgary.  She had someone ship all of her fish via Air Canada (direct - about a 4 hour flight) after she had already arrived and set up the tank.  It was costly but they all survived.

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on February 22, 2007, 07:21:59 AM
I had a friend move from Toronto to Calgary.  She had someone ship all of her fish via Air Canada (direct - about a 4 hour flight) after she had already arrived and set up the tank.  It was costly but they all survived.

That is the other way which as mentioned can be cost prohibitive all depends on how much money you want to spend!!

groan

we just received a big shipment of fish from Spencer Jack form Manitoba, maybe talk to him this weekend!?
Darkdep may still have some leftover boxes too.