Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Look What I found In My Tank This Morning!

Started by busdriver, February 27, 2007, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

Look What I found In My Tank This Morning! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :)
Four of them that I can see.
Yeah, I know they are fuzzy, they are my first babies in a fish tank, and b/n plecos at that. :D :D :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

Well congratulations there fella, you should be proud, any ideas how they may have gotten there? You never mentioned any parents so I wondered if it was like a live rock thing where they crawled out of under some piece of wood or somthing. ;)

busdriver

These guys are in the 75 gal. with 14 keyhole cichlids and 2 SAE's, along with momma and pappa.
Do you think they will be o.k.?

babblefish1960

The keyholes will probably leave them alone, they are a gentle fish. The SAE's, if they are true siamese algae eaters, will possibly leave them alone, any other sort of faux SAE, and they could be on the menu. Otherwise, enjoy. :)

PaleoFishGirl

artw

busdriver

Maybe I should just keep the 150 and raise b/n plecos!
Do you think there would be a market for b/n plecos?

beowulf

Quote from: busdriver on February 27, 2007, 12:33:17 PM
Maybe I should just keep the 150 and raise b/n plecos!
Do you think there would be a market for b/n plecos?

I would think so.  If you want I can give a couple of them a good home for the right price..... :)

Mettle

Congrats! Just leave mom and pop in that 75 gal and I'm sure they will continue to reproduce for you!

I always think it's so fun and cool when people just let fish do their own thing and you end up with these unexpected surprises. Good job!

busdriver

How long should I keep the plecos before selling/giving away?
And if selling, what is a good price for them?

beowulf

I must say I have no clue but I will buy one or two if you do sell them.

gonna_b_no_1

fishycanuck

jodes22

Wow Dad!! They are so cute and itty bitty! I'll take one off your hands if your looking for a home for them ;)

beowulf

Quote from: fishycanuck on February 27, 2007, 07:50:14 PM
Who says you have to part with them?

Shhh you there hey let the man make up his own mind.

you must sell to Beowulf

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

PoisonJello

I would be interested in 3 or 4 but at the moment I'm not sure if my cichlids like plecos in the tank since they ate a 4 inch pleco for breakfast

but they could go in my 10g till they got big enough to survive

not sure but i think should be over an inch or 2 before you part with them

babblefish1960

Quote from: busdriver on February 27, 2007, 05:52:48 PM
How long should I keep the plecos before selling/giving away?
And if selling, what is a good price for them?

Keep them until they look about 1" to 1 1/2", and as for price, you will be posting for sales in the classified, there is no selling in the discussions forum people, I might suggest that anywhere between $2 and $6 each depending upon how long you keep them to make sure they are healthy. Good luck with your first batch of puppies, and hopefully they will turn out to be as ugly as their parents. ;)

Mettle

I think the going price for these fish ranges from $10-$15 in pet stores with their average mark-ups. And I think people have sold them on this forum for $5-$15. So let that be a guide, I suppose?