Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

puffer girl's set up is back on track : )

Started by speckledmind, March 03, 2007, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckledmind

Just thought I would show where puffer girl's set up stands : )

puffer girl is on the shy side, but none the less, I encourage her to post and ask as many questions as possible in order to learn, and get her set up up and running.

We have toured the LFS ( may times since last September ), and she wants Spotted Puffers, so after some debate I now have her setting up a 30 Gal. tall ( 24" l x 12" d x 24" h her choice ) tank for freshwater Puffers to learn the basics before she gets involved in Brackish water.

Although I'm still down with the Flu ( My third week ) I took yesterday's bad weather as a good sign and headed to the nearest Reno Depot at 8 am ( it's half a kilometer away from where I live ) to buy the lumber needed and have everything cut on site for her stand, so it would be ready to assemble once I got home.

Since I reside in an apartment, the kitchen floor was the work shop for this project, it's certainly not recommended because it creates a mess, but ! I have a standing offer to help me dust off all the sanding, cause I'm pooped out.
One must do the best he can with what one has : )

I built the base cabinet out of 3/4 inch plywood finished one side ( select ), and moldings will be added to puffer girl's taste to trim it up.

Here is where the cabinet stood after yesterday's assembly ( I'm on the slow side with the Flu ), the trim is being added today and is in progress. I called it quit because I'm pooped, and puffer girl doesn't want to wait, she has her mind set to finish everything today, including the stain and finish.

Here are some Pict's of the cabinet as of last night's assembly, and once she took it home and sat the tank on the stand for an advanced look at the end product.

You are welcome to send some encouragements her way, go ahead and PM her ;)

Cheers,
Denis

PS : I had to ask special permission to post these Pict's, because she says " it's her cabinet ". lol
I'm just glad she is getting into the hobby of fish keeping, it's a great past timer : )

[attachment deleted by admin]

93GTCANADA

very nice work. good luck with the project guys.

kennyman

She is so very lucky to have such a good friend! The tank/stand combo looks awesome. I really love that stand  :)

zippitygirl

The stand looks awesome, and would look great with my tank.. hmmmmm, great project for zippity... :)

speckledmind

Some updated picts.

Puffer Girl chose a clear finish.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mettle

That looks really, really nice. I like it a lot.

When you say 'spotted puffers' that are freshwater, which ones are you referring to, exactly?

puffer girl

Quote from: Mettle on March 07, 2007, 09:36:39 AM
That looks really, really nice. I like it a lot.

When you say 'spotted puffers' that are freshwater, which ones are you referring to, exactly?

He was talking about the green spotted puffers and no it's not a freshwater fish , it's brackish water . I will start with dwarf puffer and later i will try with the green spotted puffer . I fall in live with those puffer that why i'a trying with freshwater first .

Puffer girl
Martine