Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Did everyone get what they wanted at the auction?

Started by hummer, March 04, 2007, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

I got...nothing.   :'(  The huge anubias I wanted went for $26.  Lucky guy.   :)  He was nice enough to offer to split it if I wanted too, but no.

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

kennyman

Quote from: RoxyDog on March 05, 2007, 01:52:21 PM
I got...nothing.   :'(  The huge anubias I wanted went for $26.  Lucky guy.   :)  He was nice enough to offer to split it if I wanted too, but no.

But you did get to go for a ride with me, Oh wait, I guess I'm the lucky one there too   :P

93GTCANADA

oh yes i forgot i also won 20 $ gift cert from Critter Jungle.

edit for accuracy

babblefish1960

I got some pizza and a power bar, I'm as happy as a pig in muck, more pizza would be good though, yup, you can never have too much pizza. :) Best of all, I outbid the President on the cutest little Eheim canister filter, the look on the poor fellow's face was worth every penny. ;)

succinctfish

I got a bag of Zapisto's snails, yay!  I missed the bumblebee ones though,  :P to PFG ;)
They are just the cutest things :)
And I got some great plants, wow amazing plants this auction.
I agree with you Rockgarden, it's good to be distracted with selling raffle tickets.  I started bidding after I stopped selling them as well.  ::)
Long fun day, it was nice to see familiar faces, wish I'd had more time to stop and chat.   :)  I also enjoyed meeting some new folks, how about having nametags available at the auction next year for those who would like them?
It was fun helping out, seeing all those great deals and happy buyers, like the woman who got a 10 gallon tank for $2, and bidder 18 of course, Zima ;D, you must post pictures of what you do with the plethora of items you purchased.
Kudos to the exec for all the hard work organizing this shindig, I can't wait until next year!

darkdep

Nametags as part of your preregistration package is a cool idea.  I know for me most of the fun of these events is hooking up with my "fish friends" and catching up.

2 of my 3 Ndumbi are dead now, sigh.  I think they died of broken hearts, after they heard me say "I don't know why I bid on these".  I'm such a bad person.

Definitely more pizza is required next year.

mseguin

Here's a pic of my L75 I won

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Beauty fish there Matt, I knew I forgot to bid on something.

artw

Ah nice pleco Matty!

I only count 5 Toei's but I have a feeling I'll be getting some more very soon. ;)   my clowns are having a ball together, I am so glad to finally give my one a buddy.

PaleoFishGirl

darkdep

LOL Oh man, I will NEVER forget the Clown Roach.

BigDaddy

Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 06, 2007, 12:23:32 AM
I got some pizza and a power bar, I'm as happy as a pig in muck, more pizza would be good though, yup, you can never have too much pizza. :) Best of all, I outbid the President on the cutest little Eheim canister filter, the look on the poor fellow's face was worth every penny. ;)

Bastard  :D  I'm glad it was good for some laughs though

rockgarden

Quote from: BigDaddy on March 06, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
Bastard  :D  I'm glad it was good for some laughs though

Shawn:  you were definitely not wearing your poker face for that one  :o

Nerine

hehe I was so shocked to get the 10g tank for $2!!! I thought for SURE someone would out bid me!!!!! haha it was GREAT :D

I'm going to post pics after I have the tank redecorated...I kinda dug thru it to get the neon tetras out so the labs can go in :) hopefully tonight I'll have everything set up :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

hummer

I was suprised about the 25 gal hex/stand. that went for something like 12 dollars.  So is there a insdie joke about a clown roach?

Sue

KLKelly

I wish I had brought more money... I went just for java moss and left without java moss.  But I'm glad I spent the $20 in raffle tickets (which didn't count in the total spent when DH asked)  The skimmer was the first thing I've one in my life.  I haven't even won a free lotto ticket or even a free coffee with the roll up the rim to win at Tims. Thanks to BigAls and Ovas btw :)

It was hard passing up on those baby bristle nose plecos. 

Clown roach  ;D.  I thought maybe it went along with Lellow Yabs.... long day for everyone.

I'm looking forward to the next auction.

Karrie

Sue

We won a some beautiful Julies, and sulfur head peacocks all of which should of sold for much more than we paid for them. My favourite fish from the night so far is Jen's male O.ventralis...stolen for 6$. I don't think enough other people knew what it was, or how much they cost! Here's what he can look like:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2108
Right now he's a 'brown fish' but I'll pamper him and see what happens!

zima

Well, well... And the item goes to.....Bidder no. 18....

Yes, that is me, the happy bidder. I read so much about my insane buying strategies in this thread, I feel I should throw in my 2 cents. Did I get everything I wanted??? What a ridiculous question that is people. Of course not! I'd be there till midnight getting more stuff  ::) No, no, I had great fun, and the goodies are more or less finding their new homes. We have 11 tanks of various sizes running at home, and I was getting calls during the auction about what is needed (felt really important, like a stock market agent or something).

Zippity: you better watch it, or else the threat of calling my mother, who in turn will give you heck for getting me into the aqua world is coming through!  :P

PFG: So it was all about **padding (???)** your pockets, huh... I thought we had something "rainbowfishspecial" going on...  :'(

Hats off to the organisers, really. What a great event to have! Thanks so much to all you as well, it was so great to see some live people and link their OVAS nicks to real names.  I'll see you all soon (before the next year's auction).