Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Thanks OVAS

Started by busdriver, March 04, 2007, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

Thanks OVAS executive for a very entertaining first giant auction, I didn't buy anything, but it wasn't because I didn't want to, my wife said I couldn't remortgage the house.
;)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

groan

Besides, BD, who was going to man the kitchen and guard my cell phone! (thanks by the way)
Same from me, my first giant auction and it was very entertaining and and very well run. I cant wait till the next one. you guys shoudl do 2 a year! LOL

beowulf

Great time and my fiancée event got involved and helped in the kitchen!!!

mtlmike

Yeah, even though I wasn't there long, it was a blast.  Hopefully Wulfie and I will perfect our re-heating techniques for pizza from Montreal for the next time! :)

oenology

ough - what a long day! Happy with my purchases - plants for the palludaium were bought, the big cichlids found new homes and I finally broke down and bought some calvus from Steve! (just don't really know where to put them)

charlie

To the executive & volunteers congrats, job well done again.
Regards

PaleoFishGirl

A big thank you to all of our volunteers for their hard work today! :)  You guys will probably sleep well tonight!

Shrimpy

Thanks OVAS execs and volunteers. You did a great job considering the 1000 items you had to go through. It was my first OVAS auction and I bought lots. Would have bought more, but didn't have the $$$   ;) I didn't buy any fish this time, but I did get some shrimp of course!  ;D

Crumpet

It was my first auction, but will definitely not be my last -- I had a great time  :)

artw

Thanks volunteers, and to everyone who came out and made this year our best ever!

Nerine

Thank you everyone! it was an awesome auction, great job to all who made this auction possible
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

pegasus

Quote from: busdriver on March 04, 2007, 08:26:51 PM
Thanks OVAS executive for a very entertaining first giant auction, I didn't buy anything, but it wasn't because I didn't want to, my wife said I couldn't remortgage the house.
;)
I dont know what you are talking about here.I sold 50 fish for the price of a 5 pond flake bucket, enought food for 6 weeks. :'(

And why did I come back with more silly fish than Africans.... well it's my granddaugther that will be please. ;)

gonna_b_no_1

I enjoyed it.  My 2nd annual auction to date. 

Next year, I'm going to have to bake more cookies!!!  lol

Bought more plants than i know what to do with..

and I think i need to get some spawning caves now  :D

awesome event!  thanks!

rockgarden

Quote from: Pegasus on March 05, 2007, 12:57:23 AM
I dont know what you are talking about here.I sold 50 fish for the price of a 5 pound flake bucket, enough food for 6 weeks. :'(

Comparisons, comparisons: Once again, I got more from the sale of a a bag of duckweed than from the sale of 20 pounds of a wonderful gravel mix. Not unhappy at all. The buckets of gravel were taking up space and I know how to grow more duckweed ::).

Ron

Rick

I also want to thank OVAS for a great auction and certainly thanks millions to all the volunteers; without you all this would not have taken place!!!
I had a great time; spent all my money and was very tired Sunday night so the volunteers must have been exhausted.

Again thanks for another great auction.