Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angel fish spawned ???

Started by normc, March 08, 2007, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normc

My angel fish appear to have spawned. they are only about 2 in. top to bottom not counting the fins.

Crumpet

cool!  Norm, you're a grampa  ;)

normc

How do I post a picture  :-[

Solved You can learn a lot when you read the instructions.

normc

Pic of angel 2 copies of picture posted in error :-[

[attachment deleted by admin]

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

busdriver

Quote from: busdriver on March 08, 2007, 07:07:08 PM
picture is to small, can't see anything but the angel.
never mind, the picture is in random display and can be blown up.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

PrincessFish

Hi Norm,

What did she spawn on?  Is that some kind of spawning tube or something?

Princess 'ROOKIE'

jodes22

normc

Spawned in the intake tube for the filter :D

PrincessFish

Wow Norm,

She really wants to have these puppies!!  Congrats!  I look forward to the continuing story  8)

pF

gonna_b_no_1

did you get those at auction?

(kinda look familiar)

normc

Not at auction but at BA's. I bought a pair and one died. About a month later I got another which was quite a bit smaller. It caught up in size though neither are real big. The eggs have survived 24 hours so far ;D

normc

As of today the eggs are gone. Yesterday one of the angels appeared to be taking the eggs in its mouth and then trying to put them back but they wouldn't stick and fell to the bottom. :'( :'(  Is there any thing I could put in for next time.

dpatte

My angels like to span on Anubias barterii plants, but the best thing is anything that has a 45-degree angle - even a long slim rock propped up against the side of the tank.

sas

Are they in a community tank? If so they may feel threatened or were pestered by other fish and subsequently ate the fry? If this was their first spawn...... it may take them a few tries to get it right.....and they may never get it right :'(. Siphoning off fry in the wiggler stage into a bare bottom tank works very well, then feeding them bbs to start might get you started.
Quote from: dpatte on March 11, 2007, 05:23:07 PM
My angels like to span on Anubias barterii plants, but the best thing is anything that has a 45-degree angle - even a long slim rock propped up against the side of the tank.
The two pair that we have, have spawned on the tank glass, leaves of various plants and like yours normc on the intake tube of the filter and all have made it to the wiggler stage. I have even had them move wigglers from one end of the tank to the other but this is in a community tank, where the wigglers end up being   fodder :'(. Need more tanks :D. HTH I'm in no means an expert just what I've tried and learned from other people on this site :)

normc

Technically its a community tank but other than the angels there is one small tetra and some bottom fish. Could they have moved them. I noticed some eggs in a plastic plant that I didn't see before  ??? 

succinctfish

Yes, they could easily have moved them to another spot.  If they are unhappy with the spawning site, they will move them. If they are still guarding somewhere in the tank, look closely, and you'll find eggs.  Some pairs will get it right the first time, but as mentioned, it is often a learning process.  If they eat them this time don't despair, as you have a breeding pair and they will spawn again.  Congratulations.

homestar726

I can wait to start breeding :D

normc

What does your SO think about this ;) ;)

sas

Quote from: homestar726 on March 12, 2007, 12:09:11 PM
I can wait to start breeding :D
................. ???......................
Quote from: normc on March 12, 2007, 03:29:06 PM
What does your SO think about this ;) ;)
.... LMAO sorry All is good  ;)