Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angel fish spawned ???

Started by normc, March 08, 2007, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normc

Eggs have hatched I now have a lot of fry. What do I feed them. I bought some frozen baby brine shrimp. Do I need anything else :)

sniggir

snd a msg to Loyed  at ottawa discus he breeds them and may be able to help ya.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

dpatte

they will remain sticky and the parents will move them around for a few days. after about 4-5 days they start swimming and i recommend live baby brine shrimp at that time.

PrincessFish

Hey Norm, what's happenin'??  I've been thinking about you and your little fellas.  Any sign of them???
pF

normc

The parents are keeping them herded together if any stray they pick them in there mouth (at first I thought they were eating them) and spitting them back with the others. :)

PrincessFish

What fun!  Can you post pics??

normc

They are to small won't show up in a picture :(

sas

Quote from: normc on March 15, 2007, 10:13:09 PM
The parents are keeping them herded together if any stray they pick them in there mouth (at first I thought they were eating them) and spitting them back with the others. :)
Be careful Normc when you're fedding the parents don't get too close with the food to them, feed away from where the fry are. I made the mistake of feeding right above where the fry were on a leaf and the parents gobbled up fry and food :'(. We're on about the 15th spawn with this particular pair, although in a community tank they've finally got it right and have raised eggs to the swim stage. Haven't seen any bigger fry so...... guess their part of the food chain :-\. I've been told that bloodworm keeps the angels in good condition for spawning.
Quote from: normc on March 15, 2007, 10:19:23 PM
They are to small won't show up in a picture :(
I laughed when I read this because I spent one Sunday turkey basting fry into a growout tank, saw them go in, counted them and then couldn't find them for about a week :-[. I kept feeding the tank anyway, the rest of the family thought I was bonkers but about a week later you could finally see the little guys!

normc

I just put some flake food in for the parents and they're spitting some out at the fry trying to feed them  ;D ;D ;D I put in some baby brine for the fry. Not as many as before :(

normc

All the fry have disappeared  :( :(

busdriver

Hope they are just hiding, Norm. :o
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."