Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Miracle Baby!!!

Started by lucky777, March 18, 2007, 10:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky777

So in the last 1 1/2 months I moved.  Before I moved and shut down must of my tanks, my yellow labs had the last batch of babies. When I moved I left all the water in my filters to keep the media wet.  Now over a month later my Aquaclear started to make a grinding noise since some sand got kicked up in front of it.  I decided to tear apart the filter and rinse out the sand.  To my surprise  :o after removing the sponges I found a yellow lab baby about  3/4 " long and he was doing great.  He has to have been in there since before I moved in order to be that big.  Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

By the way he is now living happily in a 20 gallon with some Pseudo. babies I have  and doing fine.:)

PaleoFishGirl

I think you'd better name *him* Lucky ;D

lucky777

Nerine

I had that happen in my canister filter...had about 20 guppies...they were all babies but you could definatly tell male/female.

and I agree, it's name should be Lucky :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts