Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Photo of the Month Contest for March, 2007

Started by PaleoFishGirl, March 21, 2007, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Welcome to the OVAS Photo Contest for March!

Rules:

• Everyone is welcome to participate
  • You can make a single entry only.  Enter your best picture!
  • Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related.
  • The photo must NOT have been previously entered in an OVAS photo contest.
  • Entries will be accepted until March 26th.  Approx. 5 days of voting will follow, and the winner will be announced March 31st.
  • By entering a photo into the contest, you agree to grant OVAS specific usage rights to the photo (for possible inclusion in future photo galleries, newsletters, or promotional material).  You are NOT granting ownership rights, just usage rights.  You may watermark your photo with copyright information if you wish.
  • Photos preferably will be 1024x768 in size.
  • During voting, photos will be voted on by forum members.  One vote per person.
  • Photo Quality matters, but the interest of the photo should come first.
  • You CANNOT vote for yourself.  I will enforce this.
  • To enter, simply post in this thread with your photo attached.

Good luck to all entrants this month!

PaleoFishGirl

OK I'll start then :)

This is a lotus leaf from a huge plant I got from mseguin.  You all know how I love reflections ;)  I thought the shot was quite dramatic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDaddy

Automatically disqualified for having the vile substance known as "duckweed" present in the picture  :D

PaleoFishGirl

artw

nice pic!  I think I'll enter the photo contest this month.. gotta find something good though. the camera is sitting right beside the tank, ready to go. :D

kennyman

I took this snapshot of my newest FW critter hard at work  :)

bitterman

This is my submission for this month even though so far PFG is going to win. Maybe Dave88 will swoop in with another awsome SW pic and tank it LOL

Dave88

Here's my entry for this month.  Took this picture when it was time for my fish to goto bed.  Hey Bitterman that one fantastic picture. 

rockgarden

I don't think that anyone in Ottawa has one of these in their tanks so here is Napoleon from the Port Doree Aquarium in Paris.

groan

I saw one of the while snorkling off the coast of egypt in the red sea! (I think it was one) it was massive and so gentle.
was quite a sight.

beauty Dave! (your bro sent me a pic of your GIANT arowana today...beautiful! (i work with him))

Dave88

Quote from: groan on March 23, 2007, 04:32:15 PM

beauty Dave! (your bro sent me a pic of your GIANT arowana today...beautiful! (i work with him))

Hey groan, glad you like my arowana.  Its a silver and is like 2 feet long now.  I also have a 10 inch jardini as well and they get along great.

yogi

maybe i get one vote or maybe not :)

gonzobluefuzz

I'll throw this one into the pot...... new camera, new flash and a big a$$ed (pardon me) derrière'd learning curve  >:(

RedFish

Sometimes when I am sitting near the aquarium, I get the feeling I am being watched....

groan

Last minute entry!!!
(click for full size)
My big bad afra showing off for the ladies. He looked great in his suit so I had to snap a shot. (Thanks Darkdep for a wonderful fish to watch)

groan

the only touch ups i did was to clean up the background. I love it. it may become my new avatar...ut i'll miss my little pet human! :(

PaleoFishGirl

Submissions are now closed, thank you :) Please stay tuned for voting (while I figure out how to set it up!).