Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plexi tank found in garbage!!!!! 111g!!!!!!!

Started by sweetness85, March 25, 2007, 05:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repeej

MEGUIARS mirror glaze 10 can be purchased at the Chandlery in Ottawa. 

http://www.thechandleryonline.com/

nicoblue

That's a good find. I think that used to be the old animal enclosure from petsmart. They were gotten rid of a few years ago for decent prices. I would probably be pretty thorough on cleaning that thing

sweetness85

oh i did clean the crap right out of it...lol.  i got a picture finally too!!!!!!  here the big beast is for everyone!   :D  it's not the greatest pic but ah well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

catfishsteve

When i got my used Acrylic tank I buffed out most of the scratches inside and out with an electric car buffer and 3 stage polishing compound from C tire. Then washed it out real good with soapy water.

artw

speaking of acrylic tanks in the garbage, someone came in the store last night and told us that Petsmart Innes was redoing their fishroom, and all of their tanks were in the dumpster.  One of our guys got 2 four foot tanks, drilled and everything.  I am not sure if anything is left this morning, but it may be worth a drive around back, if you are in the neighborhood.   apparently these tanks are actually in the dumpster, so stay safe, lol

nissannx

sweetness85

hubby read that last post and headed out first thing this morning like a bat out of hell...lol.  there were only smaller tanks left.  the front pane is slanted so it's not exactly great for show but it will be good for babies!!!!  lol

sas

Saw those renovations on Friday, but never clued in that they would just throw tanks out? Yeah for our throw away society >:(. Wonder what is going in along that wall?

sweetness85

here are a few pics.  nothing special but gimme a few days to get all the plants in( ;)) and it'll look alot better....

Nerine

yup that's petsmart...they would rather throw it away :P

your tank looks awesome!! :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

washefuzzy

very nice set up! I can't wait to see it all fancied up. :)

sweetness85

i've got most of the plants in.  thank you everybody that had some plants to spare!!!  all i ned now is the light(getting it later on today :)) and put the fish in!!!!!

groan

looks great!
cant wait to see it with fish!

speckledmind

Hi Sweet,

Just to let you know, mice urine and fish tanks don't mix, specially so with acrylic.
With a regular glass tank, at least you could always replace the silicone to save it.

Here is your last Pict modified so lightly : )

sweetness85

i'm not sure what the problem would be.  i did wash the tank out like crazy so i'm not worried about there being urine left in it:)...also the mice were only in the tank for about a week with more newspaper than you could even imagine(about an inch to two thick in the bottom of the whole tank)  either way the tank is holding up good and the fish have adjusted well so far.  my only worry is getting the heat to stay at one temp.  which is actually turning out to be not too much of a big deal.  it goes down a degree or 2 at night but other than that everything is fine!  thanks for your input though even if i don't quite undrstand :D

nicoblue

Quote from: Nerine on April 07, 2007, 09:26:08 AM
yup that's petsmart...they would rather throw it away :P

your tank looks awesome!! :D

Last time they renovated, the tanks were sold for cheap, like 10/20$, and the money was all given to friends of Abandoned Pets, SPCA, and humaine society :P

Nerine

I wish they would do that again!

how's your tank going angie? any new photos?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

sweetness85

the tank is doing great!  i had the labs and demasoni in it for a few days and got bored so i put some bigger red zebras in.  oh wow they are having a blast in there.  i do have a pic of the fish in it but i don't think it looks any different.  i think i have decided on a color for the plywood.  pretty sure it will go dark brown to look like wood.  then again hot pink would be great too...lol.  no i'm not going hot pink likely dark brown.  i'll add the new pic.