Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

what to do with a small tank?

Started by RoxyDog, March 26, 2007, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

12 gallons, planted.  my betta has moved to my 5gal tank, and the apistos that went in there did not have a happy ending. :(

right now it's snails and cardinals...what would you do with this:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

BigDaddy

Cherry shrimp breeding tank.. oops damn apistos there too

How about badis badis?

PaleoFishGirl

Get Art to sell you his galaxy rasboras - maybe you can breed them :)

Laura

Put 5 goldfish in just lilke in the picture!

Sorry, it had to be said :). I guess if you want to keep the cherries in one piece, then your options are more limited.  Are they and the snails staying in the 12? 

I keep norman's lampeye killies with my shrimp and a snail and haven't seen them eating any.  Badis may also be small enough to not decimate your shrimp population - not sure how they are for ph though.

You could go invert only and fully embrace your inner shrimp/snail weirdo. ;D

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

RoxyDog

the shrimp went with the betta into the 5gal so I can watch them while @ work.  :)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

artw

well my galaxy rasboras aren't available, but you can certainly buy the ones we have at Big Als Innes! :)

kennyman

After the killifish talk tonight you may have some new ideas  :D

sas

I was going to suggest the shrimp and snail idea too :D. It's fun to watch the shrimp come out on a plant, fanning their eggs and then eventually pulling the babies out or whatever they do?? Also watching the shrimp swim is awesome........how they seem to hover. When they feed on flake fish food,that's floating, they actually turn upsidedown and feed on the underside of the water. MMMMMMM OK senior moment.......shrimp are out! Sorry

RoxyDog

would anyone put the smaller julidochromis in there?  and if so, what and how many?  some of the plants could go away...

Seanc

badis badis!! or some dwarf puffers! that would be a nice little set up for eather of them, but probobly not together.

homestar726

I think the idea of goldfish to match the box is priceless  ;D

PoisonJello

I know exactly how to solve your problem...just give me your address and i will pick up the tank so you won't have to decide  ;D  I am looking for one that size for my neice

ok or maybe you could put in a few rams

estuary

bitterman

FishPassion

Now theres an idea SW, couple of clowns a cleaner shrimp some rock, sand, lil cleaner crew, and away you go shouldnt break the bank either Roxy... :D :o
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube