Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

cookie recipes...

Started by gonna_b_no_1, March 27, 2007, 06:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna_b_no_1

Seeing as we have a "cookie" theme for our kitchen, i thought that maybe we could post our favorite cookie recipes!

bon idea or bad idea?

hamstercaster

Well that calls for the Urban Legend Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe.  Although it is an Urban Legend that has been going around for at the very least 5 or 6 years, I have made that recipe a few times and I must say that the cookies are just to die for.  A bit on the pricy side though but worth every penny for any chocolote chip cookie lover out there.

(Recipe may be halved):
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.. Have Fun!!!

Enjoy!!!

PaleoFishGirl

Excellent, I'm glad to see someone actually *made* those cookies - and liked them! LOL

Crumpet

mmmm looks tasty!

I would add a recipe if I had one, I bake like mama used to . . . out of the box!  :)
But this decadent Nieman Marcus Urban Legend cookie has inspired me . . .

babblefish1960

I'll definitely be a guinea pig for those cookies crumpy, they sound wonderful. I am clearly offering the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of good cookies.

hamstercaster

Trust me, they are very very good, very chocolaty.  Heck, if I ever show up to one of the meetings/auction or whatever, I'll bake some...