Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Demasoni Cichlid not eating

Started by nissannx, March 28, 2007, 01:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

i picked up 10 young Demasoni Cichlid from a member here and they dont seem to be eating. i have tried floating spriluna sticks sinking ones and flake food. any ideas?

sas

If you just picked them up they may just need some time to get accustomed to your tank. Netting and moving fish is pretty stressful. If they were mine I'd only turn lights on for short periods at first and keep trying to feed them. It might take a day or two for them to come around. HTH :)

oenology

Contact the member you bought them from and ask what he was feeding them. I have found that some fish get quite hooked on certain foods and have a hard time switching.

hamstercaster

Quote from: oenology on March 28, 2007, 07:30:33 AM
Contact the member you bought them from and ask what he was feeding them. I have found that some fish get quite hooked on certain foods and have a hard time switching.

I that's where it becomes important to diversify which food you use to feed your fish if they do indeed get hanged on certain types of food.  Either way, I don't think a fish would let itself starve and eventually I think he will start eating whatever it is being fed.

sweetness85

i believe it was me you got them from.  the ones i have left are eating like crazy and are about twice the size as they were when you got some.  i did have an angel that didn't eat once i got it home.  i think it was about a week before it finally ate.  it was pretty stresed so i ended up removing some of the other fish in the tank and the next day it ate.  has been doing fine since.  good luck with them.  i hope they'll be ok!

sweetness85

p.s. i fed them 'wardley essentials tropical premium flakes'.  it's in a blue can.  it was crushed up pretty fine, almost like powder.  now they eat the flakes that aren't crushed up as much. 

nissannx

I got them from Paul on the board i sent him a message waiting to hear back. i got them on sunday and i havnt noticed them eat anything yet. they are in their own tank. i tested the ph and its around 7.8 so i will get my water checked out. i also just fed them some brine shrimp hopefully they come along. They are gorgeous i hope they make it and start eating.