Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Elections?

Started by busdriver, April 01, 2007, 04:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

I'm not really interested in getting on the executive, so, don't take this wrong, but I was wondering when you had elections.
I myself would like to nominate you all again for doing such a great job promoting this site. :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

BigDaddy

Heya Terry.. good question

Officially, the Annual General Meeting of OVAS is in May.  At that time, the first order of business is usually the election.  We start with President, and work our way down the list as found in the constitution.

busdriver

Are any of the positions open or do you have off year positions so everyone doesn't change at the same time?

BigDaddy

Terry

Every position is open.  Without speaking for the other executives, there will likely be some executives who will re-run for their positions.  However, our constitution clearly states that any member in good standing can be nominated for any position.  If more than one candidate is nominated, it goes to a vote

Mettle

Is it a secret or public vote? I didn't see it listed in the Constitution that is linked to the left hand side of the page.

mseguin

darkdep

We didn't have any positions run for by more than one person last year, it might be fun if there was :)

artw

maybe I'll run for APW, muhaha

darkdep

You can't.  Webmaster is the one position that isn't voted for.  I have immunity.  :)

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on April 04, 2007, 11:16:27 AM
You can't.  Webmaster is the one position that isn't voted for.  I have immunity.  :)

I'll create a virus to squash your immunity!!!  :D

darkdep

beowulf, you can't see it, but you just got -1000 karma points.

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on April 04, 2007, 12:27:37 PM
beowulf, you can't see it, but you just got -1000 karma points.

LOL!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the Karma anything but the Karma!!!!

RoxyDog

I won't be running again, so if anyone wants my job, here you go.   :P   If no one wants it, I *might* stick around to help out so you all get fed.    :-\
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

busdriver

Quote from: RoxyDog on April 04, 2007, 01:24:58 PM
I won't be running again, so if anyone wants my job, here you go.   :P   If no one wants it, I *might* stick around to help out so you all get fed.    :-\
Who else can make cookies like you do? ;)

mseguin

I won't be running for BAP again, so if anyone is interested, the job is open.