Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I finally got my F1 Mpimbwe Gibberosa colony.

Started by bitterman, April 02, 2007, 01:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Well I finally got he Mpimbwe frontosa I wanted since I setup my 195.

I got an F1 2M 5F colony. Males are 7-9" and females are 5" and up.

This was the bags floating during the acclimation process

After they were just added to the tank

A pic with no flash (See how blurry it is I need to goto the 1-800-help my photos)

A closer pic with flash

artw

Looking great Bruce!  nice driftwood and plants too.

bitterman

Quote from: artw on April 02, 2007, 01:29:58 PM
Looking great Bruce!  nice driftwood and plants too.

Yes thanks so much for the driftwood and plants! My one piece od driftwood with anibias looks so small compared to the pieces you gave me! That piece in the center is awsome!!!!

Bruce

darkdep

Fantastic Bruce! 

Still sitting here wishing I could take your Burundi's :)

sas

Congrats Bruce on your recent additions.............next comes the swimming pool ;). They are very impressive looking fish!

groan

they are bee u tiful!

when the babiescome along i'll sell everyting i own and start a new colony...oh wait, i need a tank twice what i have...

maybe next year.

oenology

gmann

Very nice fish Bruce and  the tank looks great. 

sniggir

congrats Bruce!!! I know I am exited...which must make you!!!!!!!!!! talk to ya later they are beutifull...let me know when you are  holding
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

bitterman

Quote from: sniggir on April 02, 2007, 11:44:21 PM
congrats Bruce!!! I know I am exited...which must make you!!!!!!!!!! talk to ya later they are beutifull...let me know when you are  holding

I'll let everyone know when I have one holding, but holding does not mean fry. I am contimplating weather to strip at 7-10 days or wait till 21 days. If so It may be a while before I have fry available.

Gidderosa are much harder to bread then the Sp North varients. Mpimbwe do breed easier then the Zaire varients though!

Thanks,
    Bruce

bitterman

Quote from: oenology on April 02, 2007, 08:10:47 PM
Almost makes me miss my colony...

I will miss these if I ever have to sell them as I have grown VERY attached to them already. They are more like a puppy dog in temperament and character then my Burundi are.  When I go to the tank they come out to see me.

I hope to avoid the float issues that Mpimbwe are noted for. I'm told that sinking food slight presoaking will avoid 99% of problems and Epsom salts in the water will take care of the rest and is a great treatment (1 cup per 100 gallons) if the problem occurs.

Bruce