Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where can I find metronidazole or clout?

Started by zurus, April 02, 2007, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurus

Anyone know where I can find metronidazole or clout??

I have checked the SP's, Big Al's, Petsmart, Pet Circus and no one has any. SP on Innis had Metro+ which had metronidazole in it but so far it hasn't helped. :( I'm still losing fish to bloat!! I have lost count now but it is more than 12 for sure. :(

KLKelly

I just placed an order from the fish sempai in toronto for metromed.

I think just that in itself is available from mops.ca... http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/ushop/Parasitic-Medications.html?L+scstore+cfqh2907ff80f980+1175562713

I am not sure how quickly they ship though.

squeeker

When I worked at SP Kanata and Merivale, we had both Metro+ and clout.  Perhaps try again?

Metro+ can be made into a food instead of purchasing MetroMeds, with the same effects.  I have the recipe if you're interested, it's very easy and inexpensive to make.

KLKelly

squeeker - i'd love the recipe if you could pm or email it to me.  I wish I had known yesterday darnit.  Came to like $30 with shipping for the metromed.  I looked also and couldn't find it locally - only checked stores near me though.

zurus

Yeah I would be interested in the recipe as well.

sas

Try going to this page www.uskoi.com/metro+.htm check at the bottom of the page it'll take you to two recipes for Metro +.
HTH  :) I've got Metro + but I believe I'm a little far away.

Nerine

petsmart has it...or had it. i dont know if they changed their meds recently but it is not listed as metronidazole on the package until you read ingreidents
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

squeeker

That website is actually where I got my recipe!  Thanks SAS  :)

http://www.uskoi.com/med_feed_-_gelatin.htm

I've actually got some made up in the freezer... JUST in case I ever need it.

KLKelly

I went looking for metrodonizale today (not clout though) and found it at superpet innes (Called general cure) I think that pack had copper in it.  There was a package at petsmart also with metro in it but it also had prazi.  Superpet Merivale said they are getting pure metrodonizale - called metro plus probably next week.

Only for references sake... just found it at mops.ca: http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/me/MESE-08010.asp?L+scstore+yllh2218ffabe3ab+1175651309

PS. Thanks for the recipe info : )  This will be significantly cheaper next time instead of buying metro-med (hopefully never needed again).

Karrie

clouxles

I use 'General Cure' when required for my Discus ... works well... However I noticed that one of our sponsors has the Metro at a decent price AquariumShop.ca... check it out

http://www.aquariumshop.ca/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=98b1f72fb4a686ad7f10844c30398998

Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

BigDaddy

I have used Metro+ as well as "Hole in Head Guard"

Both are essentially metro cut with salt.  I was at BA Innis early this week, and both products were in stock

I have tried mixing the Metro+ with dry food using Grain Alcohol as per the USKOI website... maybe it was the food I was using, but it was a mess, wouldn't recommend it.

KLKelly

Thanks for the heads up.  I also got some at Big Als innes today :)

zurus

KlKelly - did you get the Metro+? I bought the last bottle at SP Innis and Big Al's this week and the girl at Big Al's told me that they would be getting more in today. I'm glad they did since I'm using up my last bottle.

KLKelly

It was with the shipment today.  They went out of their way to get a bottle for me which made my day.  He spent ten minutes digging through the boxes.  It is probably on the shelf.

I hope all your fish make it through.

KLKelly

Just a heads up that I went in for more today and they had only ordered the one bottle that I had bought.  They have another product called Jungle hole in the head I believe but I didn't know what the second ingredient would do to my tank.
The one bottle I do have would be around 1 dose for my 90 gallon and thats it  :-\

zurus

Yep that's what I am going through now. And it just so happens that my tanks is a 90 gallon too!

How are your fish doing? I thought they were doing better but I guess when I ran out of Metro+ things went downhill again. I made the medicated food but I don't think the fish like it.

KLKelly

I have the metromed on hand so I'm not stuck.  It doesn't seem to be helping though :(

KLKelly

I put the one with the most trouble into a ten gallon hospital tank tonight so I have enough for her.  I'll need to treat the main tank probably before she goes back.

Did you find the metro+ didn't dissolve well at all?  Even shaking it in a tupperware didn't dissolve it all. ????

zurus

The metro+ dissolved quickly in my tank. The water was cloudy for a minute or 2 and then clear as usual.  Maybe you got a bottle of powder that was more compact than usual?

I would suggest treating the entire tank as well. Since I ran out and the dh is out of town (so no car right now) I haven't been able to go get more. (although we have probably bought all that is left in all Ottawa stores) I though my fish were doing better but my best looking demasoni passed away last night. He didn't even look bloated! 

KLKelly

I just placed an order for one order of 5oz of metronidazole from mops.ca.

I called aquarium solutions to ask for the amount of active metro in their metro+ and was told it was "proprietary".  I explained the situation and asked " would you say whether it has more or less than 50% metronidazole" and the response was "less than 50".

Congrats on the fry btw.  Thats really cool.