Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

YAY! Chapalithys Pardalis babies

Started by gonna_b_no_1, April 03, 2007, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna_b_no_1

I took a peek into my tank tonight and I have babies complete with umbilical cords

WOOOOOOT!

2 females gave birth tonight, and i have a total of 11 or 12 babies. Doesn't sound like alot, but to get a good idea on the size of the fry...

Mom #1 is 3 inches long...her fry are almost an inch long.

Mom #2 is 3 1/2 inches long, her fry are 1 inch long.

BIG fry!

To think that I searched for 2 darned years for this fish, just because I stumbled onto a breeding article written by Pat Bridges.....and now tonight, I got to witness the birth of a fish with an umbilical cord....

amazing!

zurus

Congrad's!

Any pics? I did a search and couldn't find any pics of this fish..

gonna_b_no_1

I haveth no camera!  But if you do want to see what they look like, or to read up on them you can check out this link:

http://www.goodeiden.de/html/pardalis3.html

Woody

Way to go. It is good to hear about successful Goodieds spawns, they are so rare in the hobby and you have definitely have a good looking fish there.

Keep us posted.

Woody

Laura

You are just raking in the BAP points!!   Congrats to you, the huge babies and the tired mothers ;)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

zapisto

Congrat Francine
I am very happy for you.

darkdep

Fish with umbilical cords?  Wow, that's very cool :)

beowulf

Had never heard of them interesting looking fish.

zapisto

Quote from: beowulf on April 04, 2007, 12:14:06 PM
Had never heard of them interesting looking fish.
they are a bit rare :) ask francine about that :)

washefuzzy

That is so cool Francine I'm so Glad that I got to see them so I know what they look like. Bonus to to have seen them actually being born!!!

gonna_b_no_1

I'm still vibrating here!  2 years of searching to find these guys and I finally got babies :D :D :D

_BaDgUy_

Congrats!!

I'm still waiting for my remaining pair to drop another batch, only had 6 the first time!

I'm starting to love these fish!!

gonna_b_no_1

Well, day 3 and all the fry are still alive and doing well.  Moms are doing good and everyone seems to be happy.

I did put all the fry into a giant breeding net, as I did see one of my males chasing around the fry, to eat him or just get him out of his space, i'm not sure.  I chose to not take the chance with my first drop.

I'm still pretty amazed at these fry and their size!  Almost an inch long at birth makes for really easy first foods! ;)