Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Any places in MTL I should check out?

Started by homestar726, April 06, 2007, 06:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homestar726

Hey Guys,

Im in Montreal, and I did the Big Al's... Wow, what a wicked store.. Its a lil different from the two in Ottawa, but it was so clean and had so much variety. I even found a tea cup stingray (my coz has been looking for forever) for a great price.

Is there any place here that any of you recommend that I check out while im here? Or anything I cant get in O-Town, but is available here?

Post below, and lemme know. :D

artw

Yep check out Nature Pet centres
http://www.naturepet.com/locations.htm

the one I go to is west a few blocks from Big Als,  its the Pointe Claire store and its MASSIVE.

beowulf

Quote from: homestar726 on April 06, 2007, 08:33:57 PM
good deals?

Both have decent deal but Nature is Hagen owned so you see there products more then anything.  They currently have some nice 2.5 inch or so clowns.  They also have a couple of different sting rays and a couple of huge ID sharks for 60$ each.  Personally I like BA better but Nature sometimes has some nice stuff at good prices.

PoisonJello

nature store is really nice but i found there prices really high for pets but for fish they are average prices, its a large store but BA is definatly better prices

audioslave_36

If you do go to "Nature Pet Centre"  Check out the ID Sharks for me  :)

Dave

groan

beowulf

Quote from: audioslave_36 on April 06, 2007, 11:17:30 PM
If you do go to "Nature Pet Centre"  Check out the ID Sharks for me  :)

Dave

They have 2 huge ones I was there yesterday over a foot each.....then again you probably don't have room right now lol your going to have to dump the 200g for a 400g.

beowulf

Nerine

I like TD Zoo...it's a tiny place but have good selection and great prices! the basement is all their aquariums and livestock. We go there on a regular basis :) the one we go to is in Beloeil because it's close to our home there.
Aqua-Tropicale on Taschereau Blvd, Brossard also good :)

there are a few on Taschereau Blvd that are worth checking out if you have the time!

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

mseguin

When I was a kid I lived for the trips to Aqua Tropicale. They're s a few in Montreal as well, un less they've closed down.

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on April 07, 2007, 10:06:17 AM
When I was a kid I lived for the trips to Aqua Tropicale. They're s a few in Montreal as well, un less they've closed down.

The one in the west island is gone but there is still one close to Blue Bonnets I believe.

beowulf

beowulf

Nerine

nice :D

a GREAT place for fish...
The bio dome!!!!!! it's worth every penny :D they have some AWESOME fish there :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

PoisonJello

there is also a pet store in the large mall in point claire but can't seem to remember the name of it. in the mall that is across the street from nature. not a big store but interesting store front

beowulf

Quote from: PoisonJello on April 07, 2007, 05:26:53 PM
there is also a pet store in the large mall in point claire but can't seem to remember the name of it. in the mall that is across the street from nature. not a big store but interesting store front

They changed there fish department not as many tanks anymore.

gonzobluefuzz

Quote from: PoisonJello on April 07, 2007, 05:26:53 PM

Would that be Fairview?

G

homestar726

Back from the MTL. Nature was a wicked place!!! Did have a chance for Aqau.... But definitely for noext time.