Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Saltwater Presentation in June at Marinescape

Started by babblefish1960, April 07, 2007, 10:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Hard to believe that June is around the corner so soon, and right after that is the presentation at Marinescape. As it stands at the moment, we have a number of people who are expecting to be able to attend, and I am reminding everyone of the event, as well as checking out there for people who may have missed this notice and would like to come along for a great talk at Marinescape.

pwrca

You can count me in, if there is still room available.  If not please put me on the short list.

Thanks
Pete

babblefish1960

Your name came up yesterday pwrca, which is why I thought I should refresh everyone's memory, no worries, you are in.

FishPassion

Please give my spot to someone else that is interested as I have a little knowledge about sw allready and would prefer giving my spot to someone that is starting out.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Kemokid

I am starting a SW tank in the next month or so and would be willing to pay for a membership to attend as well or whatever is required. If there is room that is. If I can't make the meeting tonight I would be willing to register on-line.
Kemokid

babblefish1960

Gather yourselves up as it is very soon for this OVAS event, and I want to make sure that everyone who wants to go has an opportunity to know it is happening.

So post here or send me a private message and I will make sure you are counted.

murgus

babblefish1960

Glad to hear it you riff raff!, You have a seat, or standing position or whatever the arrangement becomes.

babblefish1960

There have been some modifications to the meeting to account for the possibility that the Ottawa Senators may require seven games to bring the Stanley cup home. The meeting will begin at 6:00 pm sharp, and I will be standing at the door with list in hand, and a few membership applications and cards for those who would like to be on the list but haven't a membership at the moment.

The list as it stands at the moment is as follows:

fishpassion,  beowulf,  Nelson,  murgus,  redfish,  fishycanuck,  audioslave_36,  limmer,  snigger,  seanc,  colin&cassie,  gvv,  pwcra,  kemokid,  artw,  garnpet,  aftr, 

Possible additional attendees will be roxydog,  Tyler.L (if you would like to purchase a membership at the door),  gonzobluefuzz (if you can skip a shift),  BigDaddy (if you can make it),  Paleofishgirl (if she is needed to be there),  porcupinepuffer (if you would like to purchase a membership at the door)

That is the list as it stands at the  moment, however, it is open to amendment, and a reminder that it will be starting at 6 pm on Monday the 11th of June at Marinescape on Carling Avenue.

babblefish1960

Thanks to the fellows at Marinescape for a great presentation, and of course thanks to everyone who made it out to have a listen and a chat.  It was fun to have the time to ask questions and not have to worry about taking time from paying customers, thanks so much for a great evening.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on June 06, 2007, 04:23:56 PM
There have been some modifications to the meeting to account for the possibility that the Ottawa Senators may require seven games to bring the Stanley cup home. The meeting will begin at 6:00 pm sharp, and I will be standing at the door with list in hand, and a few membership applications and cards for those who would like to be on the list but haven't a membership at the moment.

The list as it stands at the moment is as follows:

fishpassion,  beowulf,  Nelson,  murgus,  redfish,  fishycanuck,  audioslave_36,  limmer,  snigger,  seanc,  colin&cassie,  gvv,  pwcra,  kemokid,  artw,  garnpet,  aftr, 

Possible additional attendees will be roxydog,  Tyler.L (if you would like to purchase a membership at the door),  gonzobluefuzz (if you can skip a shift),  BigDaddy (if you can make it),  Paleofishgirl (if she is needed to be there),  porcupinepuffer (if you would like to purchase a membership at the door)

That is the list as it stands at the  moment, however, it is open to amendment, and a reminder that it will be starting at 6 pm on Monday the 11th of June at Marinescape on Carling Avenue.

I see a certain time in your post bolded....what time did you get there Babble.... ;) :D

babblefish1960

Well Babble time of course, right exactly when I should have been there, if you use the correct theory of quantum mechanics.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on June 12, 2007, 09:03:06 AM
Well Babble time of course, right exactly when I should have been there, if you use the correct theory of quantum mechanics.

Ahh yes Babble-time I need to get a watch that is on Babble-time.  On this Babble-time you speak of, what speed does the Earth rotate?

This Marinescape trip was cool and we should have this kind of trip more often...something I will have to look into for next season.

babblefish1960

Thanks to everyone who came to the presentation, you all helped make it an interesting night.  Of course many thanks to Keith and Mark of Marinescape for sharing their Knowledge and great store. 

babblefish1960

Here are some photos of the event.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

PaleoFishGirl

Why don't you put them in the OVAS Events gallery :)

babblefish1960

Why don't you bite me,  :P  besides, that was hard enough for such a techno-idiot, this is an event thread, if you want to move them, you move them! ;)

By the way, how do you do that "see them "here" thing" anyway? :)

PaleoFishGirl

Get the better half to do it, she knows how.

{url=put the address of the link here}here{/url} ... but use square brackets []

artw

lol Babble just told PFG to bite him. Classic

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 12, 2007, 04:22:54 PM
Get the better half to do it, she knows how.

{url=put the address of the link here}here{/url} ... but use square brackets []
She has no patience for me right now, apparently I am annoying, so I will discuss it with her later on in life, maybe when I am cuter.  Besides, the pictures are pretty right where they are, in an event thread! :-*

Thanks for the instructions. :)