Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New tank

Started by normc, April 10, 2007, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normc

My wife has agreed that I need a new tank for the discus fish so I going to get 120 gal  ;D ;D
I'm going to start looking tomorrow. She wants to keep the diamond corner tank (60) so we are moving it to the living room and throwing out the badly worn love seat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I may need some help setting up the tank. :-[

Jesse

Nice normc! Good luck with that and you BETTER post some pictures as you progress! Do you plan on buying bare and building stand and canopy and whatnot? Or are you going to get a complete set-up? Which 120g are you going to get, dimensions wise? I personally would go for the 48x24x24 (I think thats right) one better. There is a nice 120g with oak stand and glass canopy Oceanic tank at superpet barrhaven that I wanted to get a while ago, but the price was too high at the time (it was for my snake). I believe its $1399.00 for tank, stand, glass canopy, and fluorescent light strip. Buy it and sell it to me cheaper! If you havent bought one in the next few weeks I may have a 120g bare for you.

babblefish1960

Quote from: normc on April 10, 2007, 09:27:13 PM
My wife has agreed that I need a new tank for the discus fish so I going to get 120 gal  ;D ;D
I'm going to start looking tomorrow. She wants to keep the diamond corner tank (60) so we are moving it to the living room and throwing out the badly worn love seat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I may need some help setting up the tank. :-[
Well now, there is half the battle norm, getting permission from the wiser one. It sounds as though the discus will love you for it, I'm sure you have plans for stocking the 60 as well.

Should you be looking for help in setting up, I'm usually pretty good about standing nearby and making stern faces and postulating theories on unrelated events.

Have fun shopping around for a spouse approved 120.

washefuzzy

Babble you are always so helpful. LOL ;D

busdriver

Quote from: babblefish1960 on April 10, 2007, 09:55:51 PM

Should you be looking for help in setting up, I'm usually pretty good about standing nearby and making stern faces and postulating theories on unrelated events.

I know for a fact, you do a lot more than that, Babble.
The discus', cardinals and pencils thank you for that.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

washefuzzy

Congrad on 120gals to come. I too dream of owning one one day!

normc

Babble I will need you help with the substrate I'm thinking of following your advise.

Crumpet

Yay Norm!  The discus will be so happy  :)

Let me know when you want to set 'er up -- I'd love to help out

babblefish1960

Interesting idea Norm, I see mud in your future, and with Crumpy helping, I'm sure we should have some very good pies, mud of course. Happy discus are what we are all about here!

catfishsteve

WOW  :o she wants you to move a tank to the living room AND get rid of a love seat! AND buy a bigger tank!
You're good! I'd be willing to help, and bring beer. If you tell me your secret  ;)

P.s. is your wife related to Gmann's?

FishPassion

Hmmmmmmmmmm Norm there is some secret here you arnt revealing to us, first a new computer monitor and now a tank, both preapproved. ;) ;D

Congrats on your ummmm secret...
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

audioslave_36

Congrats nomc, it is indeed a nice thing when your spouse says to buy it.

Dave

hamstercaster

Congrats Norm on the new project and I fear that tank purchase pre-approval hides something along the lines of... Honey, now that you got your tank, maybe we should remodel the kitchen lol  ;D

Have fun setting that up

bitterman

Norm, why not go for a 125/135 instead? Its a more standard side :) and gives more options later on. Or even better go with a 215/230 :)

You should see Loyeds show tank its a 215/250, Discus, cories, bn's, angels etc etc!!! Lots of plants soooo nice!

Bruce

fishycanuck

I can help, too. I'm quite good at giving orders and criticizing Babble.

babblefish1960

That is so cool fishydear, it's a date, when do you need this spectacle to occur norm, you're in for a real treat. ;)

busdriver

Quote from: babblefish1960 on April 11, 2007, 10:15:05 AM
That is so cool fishydear, it's a date, when do you need this spectacle to occur norm, you're in for a real treat. ;)
Well, in that case, I'd like to help out too, just to see Fishy and Babble go at it.
Like I said before, "are these two married, to each other" ;D :D ;) :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

RoxyDog

Quote from: hamstercaster on April 11, 2007, 07:38:50 AM
Congrats Norm on the new project and I fear that tank purchase pre-approval hides something along the lines of... Honey, now that you got your tank, maybe we should remodel the kitchen lol  ;D

yep, that's exactly how it's going to go.   ;D

we'll make it a tank warming party, I'm in!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

normc

This going to be it see picture. I'm going to get a 140 from Loyed at Ottawadiscus

[attachment deleted by admin]

beowulf