Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Memberships

Started by busdriver, April 17, 2007, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

When does next year's membership go on sale?
Can I get it at the last meeting in June, or do I have to wait until September?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Jesse

I have the same question. I want to get it sooner ratehr than later, as now the lounge is members only and I post in there alot.

darkdep

Technically the OVAS memberships are a Sept-to-Sept deal.  Last year we offered the next year's membership for sale online in July, which I believe we will be doing again.  I'm not sure about the June Meeting tho.

babblefish1960

I believe I am correct in saying,  when it was discussed, it was a "no" to selling 2007/2008 at the June meeting. You are correct APW about the ability to purchase in July the $20 yearly membership for the September 2007 to September 2008 club season.

busdriver

Well, I guess I will have to wait until September as I am trying to cut down on the use of plastic.
One thing though, will I still be able to use this site over the summer or can I buy my membership in July at Big Al's on Innes? :)

PaleoFishGirl

The site shuts down for the summer, so you'll have to find something else to do.  :o

Just kidding!  ::)

darkdep

Yep, memberships do not expire until September, and the site never sleeps :)

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on April 18, 2007, 10:48:16 AM
Yep, memberships do not expire until September, and the site never sleeps :)

Which means the APW should never sleep either. 8)

busdriver

Quote from: beowulf on April 18, 2007, 10:48:53 AM
Which means the APW should never sleep either. 8)
He doesn't, that's why he looks like that, red eyes and all ;) ;) ;)
Sorry, Chris ;)

darkdep

lol you're not the first one to point out that my eyes are always red :)

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on April 18, 2007, 11:08:36 AM
lol you're not the first one to point out that my eyes are always red :)

As a border service officer I have to use that as an indicator and have you enter secondary over here to the left sir....snapp..sorry that was the latex glove.

Sue

Quote from: busdriver on April 18, 2007, 10:40:44 AM
Well, I guess I will have to wait until September as I am trying to cut down on the use of plastic.
One thing though, will I still be able to use this site over the summer or can I buy my membership in July at Big Al's on Innes? :)

Current memberships don't expire until the end of Sept 2007, to allow for members to renew at the Sept meeting.  If you pay 20$ for a full year's membership after June 30,2007 it will be counted towards the 2007/2008 season. And yes you can buy one at BigAl's in the summer, just make sure you pay the 20$ not the 15$ fee as 15$ would only be good until the end of Sept.

artw

We strongly encourage people to buy memberships.  When I first joined OVAS there was 60 members, and maybe 20 of them would come to a meeting...   now we have almost 250 members and the meetings are absolutely amazing. :D  It's all thanks to people like you, who support this wonderful organization we call OVAS.

Just think of the amazing speakers we can get for next year *teases*

beowulf

Maybe we can get art to give a presentation on flying fish  ;)

Sue

I don't know if Jesse qualifies but in case he does, I thought I would also mention that we offer  a 'Junior membership'  for persons 15 years of age or younger : only 4$, for the remainder of this season; 7$ for the full year.