Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

questions on custom hoods & other questions..

Started by littlelil, April 18, 2007, 04:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlelil

DOes anyone (ie, someone who works on a pet store) know how much a 38 gallon (36 x 12 x 20) costs brand new? Do pet stores sell bare tanks like that?

Does anyone know of any store that sells dwarf hairgrass (eleocharis parvula)?

I'm going to be making a hood for my aquarium. Does anyone know what kind of filter i can mount into a homemade hood? My favourite kind is the aquaclear, but it sticks out either on the side or the back and i don't want to do that; i want to mount it inside the hood. I currently have an eclipse biowheel and i do not like it at all. THe replacement filters are too expensive, and the water spills out the top of the tank when it clogs!

sooooo.. does anyone have a suggestion for a type of filter or pump i can buy to mount in my hood? What do people do about a filter when they make a custom hood??

Thanks!

Lillian

BigDaddy

I believe the last time I checked a bare 38 gallon, they were somewhere around $80?  Could be off.  But yes, they are a standard size you should be able to find or order.