Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tonight's mini auction

Started by PaleoFishGirl, April 23, 2007, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

What's everybody bringing?

I've got 13 bags of plants all ready to go
(including Anubias, a nice Cryptocoryne undulata, some Riccia, sunset Hygro, giant duckweed, Crinum thaianum, etc.)
plus 2 rainbow mops.

See you tonight  8)

artw

I am bringing some jungle val, a big red tiger lotus, some Echinodorus quadricostatus, and some ludwigia.

BigDaddy

I will be bringing some V. americana (not gigantea) a.k.a Straight Val and the compact fluorescent retrofit kit I will be working with at the presentation will be up for auction too.

Other than that... maybe some unused equipment like a 25W Visitherm Stealth and/or a 2.5 gallon Hagen tank.

What kind of anubias would that be PFG?

BigDaddy

Cuban broad leaf, huh Art?  Cool.  You had a few different chain swords going there by the sounds of it.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: BigDaddy on April 23, 2007, 10:23:52 AM
What kind of anubias would that be PFG?

Anubias var. "nana" I think...

Laura

I want the anubias!! So Roxy and BD need to let me win it  ;D

I'm bringing a few plants:
Pond Lily
Taiwan Lily (Nymphoides sp. "Taiwan")
Hydrocotyle verticillata
Eusteralis stellata (a couple of stems - it needs higher light than I have)
straight val

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

BigDaddy

Looks like we will be warring for it Laura.  I missed a detail of the CAOAC awards when I was going for the Advanced level... you need to grow anubias.  Never kept it because at the time I wanted nothing to do with anything "african" LOL  I want my certificate!

Let the bidding begin  :D

artw

Oops, thanks for the heads up Sean. it's actually Echinodorus quadricostatus and it looks exactly like this.  well I am sure you know this but it's for the benefit of the other members ;)
http://aquavisie.retry.org/Database/Planten/Echinodorus_quadricostatus.jpg

apuppet

ive got some leftover Riccia fluitans, 1 bag for tonite.

-a
planted

RoxyDog

I'm bringing a piece of driftwood, some java fern, and some anubias nana.  some small pieces, so I won't be bidding against you for nana.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Gilles

I bought one of your mops and nothing came out of them...:-( I may of done it wrong. First time with this so not sure. I put it in my 33gl tank with some fry's so maybee the fry's ate them.

QuoteWhat's everybody bringing?

I've got 13 bags of plants all ready to go
(including Anubias, a nice Cryptocoryne undulata, some Riccia, sunset Hygro, giant duckweed, Crinum thaianum, etc.)
plus 2 rainbow mops.

See you tonight 

PaleoFishGirl

mseguin

I edited Gilles post so it makes more sense lol