Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ottawa River Cleanup Day - come out and help?!

Started by PaleoFishGirl, May 22, 2007, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Ottawa River Cleanup Day is Sunday, June 10th, Canada River Day.  I'm thinking about signing OVAS up for a section of the river.  Would anyone be interested in joining up?

http://www.planetfriendly.net/calendar/item.php?id=6966

This would be a great chance for OVAS to do a small part toward cleaning up our local environment.  Please post your level of interest here and I'll be in touch with the organizer if there is enough.

artw

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

succinctfish

I think it's a great idea!  Funny, because I was posting in the shoutbox about the September waterway cleanup the same time you posted this thread...ahh...great minds..
I am in. 

beowulf

I have to check with the boss to see if we are doing anything that day but I would be interested.  Any idea of furry friends are able to tag along to give them a day in the sun?

dpatte

What is the september one?
There used to be another in april as well, i think. I'll try to track it down.

dpatte

ok - the Vancouver Aquarium sponsored September shoreline cleanup is the one i remember from before. It wasnt april as I had thought, but I knew it was cool outside ;)

charlie

I would be interested , if i`m healed & cleared to go.

Crumpet

June 10th I will be on vacation in Niagara, but I would love to participate in the one in September.

busdriver

I know the wife has something planned for June 10th, I just can't remember if, never mind, I remember now, put me down for September if you have one then.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

beowulf

Quote from: busdriver on May 22, 2007, 05:11:20 PM
I know the wife has something planned for June 10th, I just can't remember if, never mind, I remember now, put me down for September if you have one then.

I am guessing something to do with vows..... :)

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

beowulf

normc

I'm in try to pick a section of the river thats not to deep so that us shorter people can keep our heads above water. ;) ;)

dpatte

we will need garbage bags

but we will also need strong gloves and strong wading boots depending on what people find

PaleoFishGirl

beowulf

OK the garbage bags are easy enough but where do I find strong wading boots?

artw