New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tonight's meeting--how are you getting there?

Started by succinctfish, May 28, 2007, 08:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

succinctfish

Well, how is everyone getting to the meeting? 
Is anyone carpooling, or sharing a cab? 
(I'm sure some of you will be walking, biking, and busing)
I know some folks are not coming because of the game, but how can we make it work for the parking frustrated folks, especially those bringing stuff to the meeting so that everyone who is free timewise can make it there?

It should be a great meeting tonight.  :)

beowulf

Seeing as that I am now in Barrhaven (or is it Farrhaven which I hear is what it is often called by some) I will be driving in especially since I am thinking of making some purchases at the auction.

darkdep

If anyone is coming in from Kanata, I'd love to carpool :)

PaleoFishGirl

I'm walking in from home (about 45 minutes).  Anybody need me to pick them up? ;)

artw

I'll be walking as well, anyone want to meet for sushi beforehand? (the traditional pre-OVAS dinner) :)

beowulf

Quote from: artw on May 28, 2007, 08:44:25 AM
I'll be walking as well, anyone want to meet for sushi beforehand? (the traditional pre-OVAS dinner) :)

The irony is amazing.... ;D

FishPassion

I was positively for sure going to the meeting up untill this morning. Now I am having serious doubts due to a 1 hour drive in and 1 hour back and ummm how many blocks to walk back and forth to the meeting. :( :( :(
To bad we cant cast a vote online.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

darkdep

Come on folks.  If I'm coming in you all can come in.

babblefish1960

Quote from: FishPassion on May 28, 2007, 08:58:25 AM
I was positively for sure going to the meeting up untill this morning. Now I am having serious doubts due to a 1 hour drive in and 1 hour back and ummm how many blocks to walk back and forth to the meeting. :( :( :(
To bad we cant cast a vote online.
Offer still stands fishpassion, park your boat and I'll drop you at the door.

artw

The door prizes are pretty good this month, for those who are coming it's worth the chance to win one!

Laura

I'll be biking, and hopefully not buying anything big or heavy or else I'm in trouble!
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

apuppet

i'll be Busing, we have the best public transit system, there still a couple of blocks to walk, to and from, but i can definiately uses the exercise. :D

-a
planted

artw

Yep,  for anyone who doesn't know, just hop off the 95/96/97/87/85 at Metcalfe and its 6 blocks south I believe.

washefuzzy

I'm busing it, I'm an old bus pro. The only sushi I'll eat is the vegan stuff. Like the ones with avocado. YUM. :D

BigDaddy

I'll be parking somewhere on the west side of downtown and then walking from there...

normc

I'm car pooling with Busdriver and Jodes22.

Kemokid

I'm a newby, were is the meeting and is it just for paid members? When would the next meeting be?

Kevin ???

beowulf

Tonight is the last one of the current season at the Jack Purcell community center.  Visitors are Welcomed and encouraged to purchase a membership on the spot if they like what they see.

Kemokid

A time (from and to) and address? If there aren't family plans I don't know about I may make it.
Kevin

RoxyDog

Quote from: beowulf on May 28, 2007, 12:53:45 PM
Tonight is the last one of the current season at the Jack Purcell community center.  Visitors are Welcomed and encouraged to purchase a membership on the spot if they like what they see.

you make it sound like we force them silly.  :P  we don't Kemo, so come on over and visit. the centre is @ Elgin & Gilmour  (I think?). starts @ 7pm.  we can never have too many Kevins.   ::)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.