Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ottawa River Cleanup June 10th - Details

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 04, 2007, 08:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

It was a fun morning.  Found some interesting stuff.  Hope more can come out next time.

PaleoFishGirl

Thanks to everyone who participated, Karma +10

babblefish1960
beowulf, Ashley & Koda
dpatte
gonzobluefuzz
mseguin
RoxyDog
succinctfish

Hope to see a larger number next year! 

Pics of the cleanup

charlie

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 10, 2007, 06:48:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated, Karma +10

babblefish1960
beowulf, Ashley & Koda
dpatte
gonzobluefuzz
mseguin
RoxyDog
succinctfish

Hope to see a larger number next year! 

Pics of the cleanup

Kudos to you guys, sorry i was a lame duck this year.
Regards

succinctfish

Quote from: beowulf on June 10, 2007, 05:32:00 PM
It was a fun morning.  Found some interesting stuff.  Hope more can come out next time.

Beowulf is just still moved by the love note he found.  :D

I had a great time  :)  Although I am staying away from seafood restaurants for a while so no-one tries to serve me as a lobster meal.  :o  Is anyone else wishing they had used a stronger sunscreen.  OUCH.

succinctfish

We're supposed to be in the citizen or the Sun, some dudes with cameras took some pictures.  I tried to explain to the photographer who we were, OVAS, yes, O V A S, that's Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society.  Aquarium...A Q U A R I U M.  You know, we keep fish.
It will be interesting to see how that ends up in the papers.  ;D

PaleoFishGirl

I thought I was pretty burnt but I seem fine, thankfully!

Yeah, if anyone sees us in the paper please let us know, I don't normally read either one!

beowulf

Nothing in the Citizen that I saw and in the little rag 24 hours they had an article on it and a big picture on the front page but no mention of OVAS mostly just the tall blond and the brunette that were there.  Any of the other papers have something?

charlie

beowulf

PaleoFishGirl

LOL they got the NCPC guy's name wrong too, it was Jim.

apuppet

i wanna say congradulation to thoses that showed up to the beach and volunteer their sunday for a good cause.  *clapping*

i'd was already volunteer on the canal that very day. else, i woulda joined ya all.

-a
planted