Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

FX5 did not want to start

Started by gmann, June 07, 2007, 03:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmann

After changing the carbon and doing the regular maintenance the fx5 did not want to start. Motor would come on for a few seconds then stop.. panic set in as I am leaving  for a few days. So maybe the unit wasnt primed.. removed all the water and added 8 litres or so and went through the routine again..Nope.. still didnt start. So called Hagen and left a message.Talk about great service, Natalie in cutsomer service called me back in less than 20 minutes and said to check the impellar. Sure enough I did just that and there were some bio-balls in there and it was somewhat dirty. The filter is now working just fine. So for all of you who have an FX5 and need to clean the impellar its very easy. Page En22 or DE22 of the manual explains how. 

babblefish1960

Sounds like great customer service, glad to hear it, you should be happy to have your R-2 D-2 working properly, it sounds like you had a minor panic there for a few minutes. It must be very large to have bioballs stuck in the impellor, glad you didn't break it, I'm sure the fish are too. :)

sas

Just wondering do you put the bioballs in loose in the filter? If so I'd suggest putting them in one of those funky little bags that come with some of the media for the FX5. Or use nylons and make your own bag.

bitterman

Quote from: sas on June 08, 2007, 06:20:03 AM
Just wondering do you put the bioballs in loose in the filter? If so I'd suggest putting them in one of those funky little bags that come with some of the media for the FX5. Or use nylons and make your own bag.

Sue I rather doubt Gerry has nylons LMAO! Maybe his wife does though  ::)

Glad to here the filter is back up and running well!

Bruce

gmann

SAS, thats a great idea! what was I thinking to leave it the way it was. I will def. do that shortly. Sorry Bruce I have my own NYLONS that I use for the carbon in my 404s ..My wifes nylons are way to fancy, even for an FX5!

sas

Heeheehee that is really funny :D gmann. See Bruce nylons aren't that bad :) you should give them a try some time  ;).