Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS June General Meeting - last one until September

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 13, 2007, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

It's that time again! Our next meeting will be held on

Monday, June 25th at the Jack Purcell Community Centre
at 7:00pm sharp

Events include:

• introduction of the newly elected Executive Committee

• a top-secret presentation by DarkDep (no pressure, APW!)

• the Mini Auction - if you would like to pre-register your auction items, please contact artw  reminder: items must be bagged properly - no Ziploc bags will be accepted!

• socializing with other members of the club

• cake!

OVAS Memberships and t-shirts are available for purchase at the meeting.

Please bring a travel mug or your own cup for coffee/juice if you can.  We'd really appreciate it as we throw out a lot of styrofoam cups after each meeting.

Limited parking at the JP is available (talk to the front desk for a parking pass), or there is free parking on Elgin and surrounding streets after 6:30pm.

We hope to see you all there! Come out and help us celebrate another fun year with OVAS.

Questions/comments? Feel free to post them here :)

artw

As PFG mentioned this is of course our last Mini Auction until September.  I would just like to remind everyone to please register your items with me before 7pm on the day of the meeting.  If you plan on arriving late please tell me before the meeting

RoxyDog

You gotta come and see the cake, it's going to be "special".  I hope. 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Fishnut

Is it possible to ensure that it's a peanut free cake?

charlie

I think we should all wear some type of name tag.  ;)
Regards

beowulf

RoxyDog

Quote from: Fishnut on June 19, 2007, 11:38:56 PM
Is it possible to ensure that it's a peanut free cake?

it'll be home made from one of those mixes...with icing...I dunno, does that make it peanut free?  if not, tell me how and I'll do what I can.  :)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

groan

get the betty crocker mix and icing. they are usually nut free if you stick to the plain chocolate or white mixes.
that's what we use for our little one.
just check the ingredients and if they read as having no nuts or nut products you should be OK. it may not read as being nut free (like Chapmans ice cream).

it is extra good if they list other allergens like contains wheat or milk then you know they are listing all known allergens.

thus concludes your short instructional information on food allergy prevention.
Have fun at the meeting!

PaleoFishGirl

I thought this might help persuade some more people to attend on Monday night (not that cake isn't a big enough draw already!). 

Door prizes (free door prize ticket just for showing up to the meeting!) this month include:

• Elite Hush 35 Power Filter x 2
  • Penguin 150 Bio-Wheel Filter
  • Marina Micro LED Light
  • Hikari Cichlid Gold Medium Pellets
  • AquaPlus/Nutrafin food combos x 2
  • Marina Aquarium Algae Scraping Magnet (large)
  • Nutrafin Bloodworms
  • Hikari Cichlid Staple Food
  • Hikari Betta Bio-Gold
  • Nutrafin Floating Pellets
  • Hagen Low-Range pH kit

There's a great chance that you'll win a nice door prize this month so come on out!

succinctfish

So, where do we get these door prize tickets from?  Last month I missed the draws because I never got a ticket.  :'(  Not that I ever win anyway.  ::)  I thought it might be nice to let the new folks at the meeting know as well, so that they can have a chance to win those great prizes.  :)

PaleoFishGirl

Door prize tickets are always handed out during the break, before the mini auction (and draw).  If you aren't approached and handed one, someone always yells out "hey, does anyone NOT have a door prize ticket?" so pay attention ;)

succinctfish

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 21, 2007, 08:28:16 PM
Door prize tickets are always handed out during the break, before the mini auction (and draw).  If you aren't approached and handed one, someone always yells out "hey, does anyone NOT have a door prize ticket?" so pay attention ;)
Hey, it's not my fault, so many cool people to chat with, nibbles and drinks to get, smokers to drag back inside, so little time....

Crumpet

Thanks Roxy for the special One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish cakes -- they were tasty!

Laura

Thanks for all your hard work Roxy!!
By the time I got to the table, the blue tongued evil ones had scarfed down the whole chocolate cake and I got to enjoy 'red fish'.
Yum yum.....
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

PaleoFishGirl

The cakes disappeared so fast I didn't even see them... all I saw was the evidence ;)  Thanks Roxy!

Thanks also to tonight's guest auctioneer, fishycanuck! You did great! I guess this means you are taking over for me now? :)

PaleoFishGirl

fishycanuck

Hey, I didn't see DarkDep at all. What was the top secret presentation???

PaleoFishGirl

There was supposed to be a cool video (set to music) of all the past year's photo contest entries.

RoxyDog

guess I should have made a yellow fish too?  sorry I missed the blue tongues.   :D