Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Home Show Tour - Interested?

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 14, 2007, 11:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Just testing the waters here (no pun intended)...

I had an idea that we do a physical Home Show Tour on the day of the OVAS BBQ.  My thoughts are that we would tour around to different homes in the morning or early afternoon, then all meet for the BBQ (TBA) afterwards.

I am looking in to renting a bus or some other mode of mass transport for the event, that way everyone could just go together as opposed to driving a bunch of cars.  Anyone have any ideas?

This will likely occur in approximately 1 month's time.

I'd love to hear your feedback, so please post here!

charlie

I`d love to have a few over to see my tanks  :D, but god a bus load ;), i ony live in a 2 bedroom apartment.
Regards

Crumpet

Sounds like a plan, Stan!  I particularly like the idea of renting a vehicle-- that way we don't lose anyone, and as you say PFG, we're not driving a bunch of cars.  While my tank isn't much to look at, I would love to check out other people's set ups  ;)

Kemokid

If I am available the date of the tour, I have a 7 passenger minivan that I could follow along with to help keep the group together a bit.

PaleoFishGirl

OK new idea!

I was really loving the bus idea, but then if people only want to (or can only) participate for part of the tour, they are left without transport.  It might be better to carpool, follow each other around the city and then all meet at the BBQ at the end.  We could set specific times to meet at a couple of the places to keep everything on track.

Don't worry, E, how many people could possibly sign up?! ;D

artw

Yes, I'd love to see other people's setups but I'm not letting you weirdos into my house!

I have room in my car for 3 people.  (4 if you want to get cozy with the driver)

charlie

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 14, 2007, 12:09:23 PM
OK new idea!

Don't worry, E, how many people could possibly sign up?! ;D

Hey C  ;) I can probably  handle 5- 7 people @ a time, if don't have to seat & entertain them  ;D

PaleoFishGirl

No seating and no entertainment required, though I'm sure people wouldn't complain if there was  BBQ pork to munch on ;)  Your lovely aquaria are all the entertainment we need :)

busdriver

PFG, what size bus do you need, how long do you want it for?
Just to let you know, you'll have to pay for the driver unless I can drive by the time this event happens.
I will be talking to the Operations Manager tomorrow about the bus.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

PaleoFishGirl

I've already been looking into some buses... of course the size of it depends on how many people are interested!  I'm thinking 4 hours, tops (unless we get a TON of interest). Thanks for looking into it for me, Terry :)

RedFish

LOL!   There are more people who would like to get into someone else's house but not have anyone visit their place.   If everyone felt that way there would be no houses to visit!

I would love to see other people's tanks - but my two little tanks are not much to look at!

dan2x38

how long would a visit be? how many people?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

PaleoFishGirl

That all depends on how many people are interested in this whole idea...

beowulf

If my tanks were more mature I would not mind but my setups are so new need some growing in etc...That being said I would not mind stealing ideas...errr I mean seeing other peoples tanks.

babblefish1960

It should only require 23 seconds viewing by each person for each tank, so you should be able to pass people through in less than 10 minutes to keep the timing reasonable. Any longer and there will be no barbeque. ;)

alongfortheride

I think I could convince Pat to let people come and see our 120g short upstairs during the home show :)
Depending when it is, but we would love to see other people's tanks as well. Also, we could fit around 3 other people in our car.

babblefish1960

I'm absolutely certain that the mafia like the car you have because 4 people fit in the trunk as well! :)

PaleoFishGirl

I think we can fit *everyone* in that car, fahgeddabout the bus ;)

washefuzzy

I really really want to come but I will need a lift. :) I have 4 tanks but they are small and not very exciting except to me. But I'm very interested in ogling some of those big fancy tanks. :D