New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS bbq!

Started by RoxyDog, June 22, 2007, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

Ok kids, here goes...

The annual OVAS bbq is going to be held @ Vincent Massey Park on Sunday July 22nd.  We have site "I" reserved for the day (see map) but I was thinking we'd start around 3:00pm?  We can stay as long as the park is open (sunset) but the site is only reserved until 6:00pm I think.  Rules: no booze, no dogs.  Anyone, member or not, spouses and kids are invited.  :)

Pot luck please!  OVAS will supply some food, burgers and hot dogs most likely, and some water/juice/pop, but we'll need your help too.  Please say if you think you're coming so we can get an idea of who's going and if you'll bring anything?  I'm bringing potato chips!

I figure we can just keep cooking and hanging out, and people can come and go as they please.  Parking is $4 a car I think, otherwise the park is free.

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/rec_docs/1503_vm_map_andlegend.pdf

Feel free to add your comments here.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

PaleoFishGirl

Excellent choice for a venue, Vincent Massey is a gorgeous park.

Hope to see everybody out there!

BigDaddy

I'll man the BBQ for a bit.. until the FFL gets me involved in that "parenting" thing  :D

groan

Checking with the missus but this sounds phun!
I agree VMpark is great! bring frisbees!

washefuzzy

I'm coming I'll bring something to eat maybe something dessert like.

PaleoFishGirl

Oh yeah I will bring... something :)  Maybe pasta salad.

Crumpet

I would also like to come, marked it on my calendar and everything.  I'll see if I can rustle something edible up -- maybe some tarts?  oooh or how about a watermelon?  Can't have a picnic without a watermelon!

beowulf

Quote from: Crumpet on June 22, 2007, 02:54:59 PM
I would also like to come, marked it on my calendar and everything.  I'll see if I can rustle something edible up -- maybe some tarts?  oooh or how about a watermelon?  Can't have a picnic without a watermelon!

Traditional or special square Japanese ones lol

dan2x38

My wife, son, & myself will be there. My wife says she will bake something (she's a chef). I'll bring a patch of mild Italian (rather HOT) sausages, will par-boil them first to throw on the grill... BigDaddy will be busy it sounds like... LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

kennyman

I really like this idea! I can't make yet another meeting because of work scheduling but there is no reason I cant come to that BBQ. I really need to show my face before the few people that I have met forget me  :(

I need to sell my house and move closer to Ottawa  ::)

RedFish

I don't know if I will be able to attend the bbq, home show or anthing.  :'(   That date is my friend's birthday and we traditionally have a huge get-together.    I know her party will be fun but I want to do everything!    I won't know what is happening until a week or so before the date.

fishycanuck

Sigh...   :( gonna be out of town... on vacation  :)

babblefish1960

Quote from: fishycanuck on June 24, 2007, 08:48:59 PM
Sigh...   :( gonna be out of town... on vacation  :)
Again? bummer!

PaleoFishGirl

Does anyone have one of those portable backyard gazebos or something similar that they can bring, in case it rains or the bugs are bad? More than one would be even better :)

Also, feel free to bring any games, toys, activities - and don't forget to bring the whole family, the more, the merrier!

beowulf

Umm what to bring...steak?  kabobs? ummmmmmmm got to think of something good.

PaleoFishGirl

Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided by the Club, so please bring side dishes, salads, desserts, that sort of thing.

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 30, 2007, 01:11:22 PM
Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided by the Club, so please bring side dishes, salads, desserts, that sort of thing.

Ahhhhh......

busdriver

I'll be there, with my new camera, to take lots of pictures.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

alongfortheride

I will bring at least one cherry pie :)

RoxyDog

Quote from: alongfortheride on July 03, 2007, 12:23:01 AM
I will bring at least one cherry pie :)

if there's only going to be one, I got dibs on a piece!  ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.