New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS bbq!

Started by RoxyDog, June 22, 2007, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

It's almost bbq time!  Ok, we're not draggin bbqs, but can anyone bring just the grill part?  I'll bring mine, but if it doesn't fit on the firepit, I'd like to have a few choices. Apparently there are ones there, but they aren't exactly sanitary and I'd rather bring our own than try and clean them!

Also, who can be there right around 3pm with me to get things started?  I'll have to leave about 3:30 for my son's soccer game, but I'll be back.  I need to be sure there will be someone there @ all times...
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

PaleoFishGirl

The grills there should be fine, fire sanitizes everything! I don't know how you'd put a new grill on it anyway, aren't they one-piece units?? Kind of like these, but square?

I know I said I might bring pasta salad but I gave you all my pasta (and all the rest of my food) last night, so I'm not making anything! I will buy something instead, what else do we need?

I won't be there until 4pm or so with the Home Show Tour participants in tow...

normc

Can someone give me directions. 

babblefish1960

You will notice that the map provided in the first post of this thread shows the park layout relative to the major intersection of Riverside Drive and Heron Road, there are even big green signs from all directions when nearing this major route.

groan

depending on when my son wakes from his nap i may be there close to 3.

kennyman

Hey Roxy I can be there for 3 and bring the grill from my bbq and some bbq flippers and tongs.

FishPassion

I am not sure if I am going but would really like to go, it all depends on the weather (heat).   If I come down I will bring some fresh cheese curds...
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

RoxyDog

Quote from: kennyman on July 20, 2007, 07:19:36 AM
Hey Roxy I can be there for 3 and bring the grill from my bbq and some bbq flippers and tongs.

cool, tyvm KM!   8)

and I hope to see you and your curds there FP.  :)  it's supposed to be nice, but not hot.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

freshwater

will bring 1.25kilo of coleslaw

babblefish1960

Not too much in the way of vocal commitment to coming, is everyone aware that the picnic is tomorrow!

How about those side dishes and desserts, there are a few people indicating some items here, but I wonder where the usual suspects have gone?

You have a few hours to pick up ingredients this evening and start stirring up something interesting for a picnic barbeque.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there and the weather appears as though it will be absolutely perfect.

Crumpet

I will be there with my watermelon (and knife) in tow  ;)

kennyman

Well with 27 picnic tables that seat 162 people we wont be caught short  :D

I have cleaned up my little hibachi table top so we can use it to warm buns if necessary, a spare set of burger/dog tools, and the wire grill from my bbq. It is pretty big so it should cover one of the 3 raised firepits on our reserved site if thats what we decide to do.

I hope you come early too Groan so we can play frizbee while we wait for the fish tour caravan. My better half told me she will come along to make sure I behave. We are looking forward to a fun picnic with all you crazy fish peoples  :P

RoxyDog

I changed my potluck item to potato chips, so someone else can bring the potato salad!  :)

Fishnut

I'm binging brownies! :)

BigDaddy

I'm still manning the grills for the start... no worries about the conditions of the grills, good hot coals will sterilize just about anything.

Jenn, I am assuming you picked up a couple of bags of charcoal and some lighter fluid?

I'll bring my cooking utensils.

And don't forget... KISS THE CHEF!!!

beowulf

Quote from: kennyman on July 21, 2007, 07:04:19 PM
Well with 27 picnic tables that seat 162 people we wont be caught short  :D

I have cleaned up my little hibachi table top so we can use it to warm buns if necessary, a spare set of burger/dog tools, and the wire grill from my bbq. It is pretty big so it should cover one of the 3 raised firepits on our reserved site if thats what we decide to do.

I hope you come early too Groan so we can play frizbee while we wait for the fish tour caravan. My better half told me she will come along to make sure I behave. We are looking forward to a fun picnic with all you crazy fish peoples  :P

To bad it's a park that does not allow dogs, I would have loved to see your mals!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: BigDaddy on July 21, 2007, 09:11:02 PM
And don't forget... KISS THE CHEF!!!
Roxydog maybe, but you, no way, it just doesn't bear thinking! :)

We are bringing a pasta salad, you won't like it, I'll take it all home again and eat it by myself. ;D

BigDaddy

Come on.. there has to be some perks to being president.  ;D

beowulf

Quote from: BigDaddy on July 21, 2007, 10:08:37 PM
Come on.. there has to be some perks to being president.  ;D

I thought the president had an expense account for auctions and got to buy everything  :D ;)

dpatte

I have been dozing since June, and just noticed the date. I'd like to go to the BBQ.

Could someone pick me up to take me?

Also Paleo, could you bring the picnic basket i was interested in - and maybe fill it with food first? LOL

Otherwise, i'll figure out something to bring. I hear corn is now forsale at the Parkdale market. Anyone like that?