New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS bbq!

Started by RoxyDog, June 22, 2007, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyman

Anyone got one of those little magnetic chess sets?

artw

Deal of the day for anyone who comes to the BBQ and is interested in saltwater. A fellow dropped off a bucket of liverock and a couple peppermint shrimps,  and snails.  probably 10 pounds of LR? maybe a bit more?  and some nice mushrooms.   only problem is there is a lot of hair algae on it.

I told him I could sell it at the BBQ for $20.

groan

magnetic chess set. lol and lol.
i used to  but it is long lost.

Kiss the Chef? I have not met you yet but as a member of YOUR OVAS, i will be obliged...

I have lips like Angelina Jolie so watch out...oh, and im a guy.

kidding about the lip thing.

RoxyDog

Quote from: artw on July 22, 2007, 01:58:08 PM
Deal of the day for anyone who comes to the BBQ and is interested in saltwater. A fellow dropped off a bucket of liverock and a couple peppermint shrimps,  and snails.  probably 10 pounds of LR? maybe a bit more?  and some nice mushrooms.   only problem is there is a lot of hair algae on it.

I told him I could sell it at the BBQ for $20.

too funny Art, you know I want those shrooms!  lol    ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

groan

charlie

Thanks OVAS, had a good time - great food & nice people mixed with great weather = fantastic day.
Regards

beowulf

Had a great time, nice seeing some old faces and some new people that I had yet to meet.  can't wait for September and the first meeting of the year.  :)

groan

me too! Marcus had a blast too!

Whoever cleaned up after I forgot my orange container that had the Lemon Squares that I made in it.
about 4x7 inches.

Thanks for ordering such great weather!

busdriver

Great time, Emily, Jodie, Joyce and I (busdriver) had a great time.
Thanks Roxy and OVAS execs for putting on a great picnic.
Can't wait for September.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

sniggir

was nice to meet some of the people that I harass in the flash chat...Jen, chelsea,...... so on anyway was fun meeting everyone.... lol i guess i should accualy go to some meeting and become a active member.... great music next time we should try and combine the carabean cook out with ours.......

Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

RoxyDog

thanks for coming everyone, and thanks for all the great fooooooooooooooooooooooodz!  :faint:
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

beowulf

Quote from: RoxyDog on July 22, 2007, 08:32:26 PM
thanks for coming everyone, and thanks for all the great fooooooooooooooooooooooodz!  :faint:

Who took all the leftover home....Babble ;)

dpatte

great bbq, nice seeing everyone.

And bonus - I got m&m cookies to take home!

Crumpet

Great cap on a very good day, nice to see so many there today :)

kennyman

I am sooo stuffed. Those last four burgers only left room for two deserts! Thanks for putting that on. We had a lot of fun today.

busdriver

If you wish to see some of the pictures of the picnic, check out my gallery.
:)

Also, I was going to put down some snide remark about APW not being there, but all I have to say is, Chris, you were missed! :(
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

artw

I enjoyed the short time I was there, thanks for organising it everyone!

PaleoFishGirl

So great to see everyone, the venue was really good too!  Thanks Jenn for organizing everything... the cake was so sweet of you :'(

sas

Sorry we didn't make it in. Would have been nice to meet everyone that has given so much great advice!
   Ah PFG.....................all the best and well thankyou  :).           

adam_ottawa

Did anybody post any pics from the bbq yet?