Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS bbq!

Started by RoxyDog, June 22, 2007, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

sorry had agreed to bring some Italian Sausages & wife to bake up something but we will not be attending... sincerely sorry...  :( ???
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

succinctfish

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 30, 2007, 01:11:22 PM
Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided by the Club, so please bring side dishes, salads, desserts, that sort of thing.
What about drinks?  Is the club supplying water, juice, pop?  Or should we all bring our own?

RoxyDog

You're welcome to bring your own...OVAS will supply some pop/water/juice type things.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

RoxyDog

um, I've never been to this park, but apparently the "firepits" are not quite like bbq'ing?   ;D  so...can anyone drag their bbq, maybe more than one?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

beowulf

Quote from: RoxyDog on July 12, 2007, 03:04:04 PM
um, I've never been to this park, but apparently the "firepits" are not quite like bbq'ing?   ;D  so...can anyone drag their bbq, maybe more than one?

Ummm ya I would volunteer mine but ahhh kind of heavy lol

succinctfish

Quote from: beowulf on July 12, 2007, 03:36:53 PM
Ummm ya I would volunteer mine but ahhh kind of heavy lol
Besides, we'd have to chain it to a tree and post a guard.  It's far too pricey and pretty to leave on its own.  ;D

groan

my wife and i will bring some sort of nut-free desert, oh and a nut free son... :D

busdriver

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 30, 2007, 01:11:22 PM
Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided by the Club, so please bring side dishes, salads, desserts, that sort of thing.
Aren't hotdogs and hamburgers side dishes and desserts? ;) ;) :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

sniggir

well if all goes well i will be there... and i will bring some sushi rolls, and maybe some potato and tomato salad... we shall see

pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

groan

what about an auction? lol...
i'll bring a couple dozen lemon jake babes... :P

(kidding)

PaleoFishGirl

Mmm I hear they are tasty, grilled with a little teriyaki sauce :)

babblefish1960

I would have thought a tartar sauce would have been even better.

It should be a good day nonetheless, however, there will be no auction!

beowulf

Quote from: groan on July 12, 2007, 06:34:34 PM
my wife and i will bring some sort of nut-free desert, oh and a nut free son... :D

We all know is dad is a nut though.

RoxyDog

if a bbq can't be brought, anyone ever use one of the fire pits?  what do you need?

babblefish1960

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on July 13, 2007, 09:58:22 AM
Fire! :)

Good start, some sort of grill over it...is there already one?

Hot dogs can be cooked on the end of a stick but burgers might be a little harder.

Maybe we can find a few people with camping grills?  I will ask my brother this weekend if I can borrow his though we would have to buy the propane.

babblefish1960

The barbeque stations at the park are elevated, similar to a portable barbeque, just no lids or plumbing, they require an older form of heat supply, and that would be in the form of charcoal, an interesting topic all on its own. So if no one wishes to bring their own barbeque to help out roxydog in the kitchen, we will need more setup time than usual to make sure the charcoal is burning brightly.

Parking in the park is $3.95.

A reminder to all of those attending this annual event this year. As it is being hosted at an N.C.C. park, there are no dogs, nyet, nadda, nope, forget about it, it is a public park with picnicking for all, hence no dogs whatsoever, the fine I believe for transgressions in this regard are twofold, $150 fine and the creature is impounded if not removed forthwith. So don't bring your dogs.

Fish they were unsure of, there appear to be no leash laws regarding fish.

In case you missed it the first time.

NO DOGS

RoxyDog

Babble...do you know if we can bring dogs?   ;D  :P

Charcoal BBQ's?  Not a problem, I can do charcoal.  :)

beowulf

Now what if I dress Koda as a human child?  ;)

Or wait Meeko is telling me he is not a dog and he wants to come!!!!  Now look what you started.

mseguin

Tell Meeko that cats are actually worse than dogs