Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

just starting my new tank

Started by puffer girl, June 28, 2007, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puffer girl

Hey gang ,

i just start today a new tank that i buy on special at super pet . I already have 10 dwarfs puffers but since that not enough for me , i start a new one , but this time a brackish water . I want those beautiful green spotted puffer  :D . Just to say like "les tetes a claques  , je capote "  ;D

I never have a brackish water tank before , so i will be very careful . I'm gone a put salt in my tank and wait and see . I hope everthing will go fine . I'm like a kid in a candy store .

If you have any link info on brackish water you can send me a pm . I already have made some research on the subjet , but we never have to many information . It's help us to grow and be the kind of person we are wright now .

Martine
puffer girl  :-*

dan2x38

Quote from: puffer girl on June 28, 2007, 05:00:26 PM
   Hey gang ,

i just start today a new tank that i buy on special at super pet . I already have 10 dwarfs puffers but since that not enough for me , i start a new one , but this time a brackish water . I want those beautiful green spotted puffer  :D . Just to say like "les tetes a claques  , je capote "  ;D

I never have a brackish water tank before , so i will be very careful . I'm gone a put salt in my tank and wait and see . I hope everthing will go fine . I'm like a kid in a candy store .

If you have any link info on brackish water you can send me a pm . I already have made some research on the subjet , but we never have to many information . It's help us to grow and be the kind of person we are wright now .

Martine
puffer girl  :-*

sounds KEWL... your snail collection is adding up... LOL Saturday between 11-12pm to pick em' up...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

beowulf

Don't forget to buy the proper equipment ie hydrometer so that you have the right salt levels and don't kill your little guys.

sniggir

for brakish couldn't you use the same salt as with a marine tank just a question as I have thought about starting a brakish my self... lol and have no idea....
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

dan2x38

puffergirl- do all puffer fish have be in brackish water... like the dwarf puffers?
Voltaire:

puffer girl

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 28, 2007, 05:30:13 PM
puffergirl- do all puffer fish have be in brackish water... like the dwarf puffers?

Hey ,
       no dwarfs puffer are freshwater fish . It's gone a be the first time for me in brackish water . For the pick up for the snails it's ok with me saturday . Pm me your adress , so i can look on a map how to go at your place .

Martine
puffer girl   ::)

puffer girl

Quote from: beowulf on June 28, 2007, 05:18:37 PM
Don't forget to buy the proper equipment ie hydrometer so that you have the right salt levels and don't kill your little guys.

Yes , i already have think about the hydrometer . Thank's for your advice .

Martine
puffer girl  ;)

dan2x38

Quote from: puffer girl on June 28, 2007, 06:49:34 PM

Hey ,
       no dwarfs puffer are freshwater fish . It's gone a be the first time for me in brackish water . For the pick up for the snails it's ok with me saturday . Pm me your adress , so i can look on a map how to go at your place .

Martine
puffer girl   ::)

PM sent for snail pick-up... LOL
Voltaire:

dan2x38

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 28, 2007, 07:03:49 PM
PM sent for snail pick-up... LOL

Did the puffers get there snacks?  :D hope they liked em'...  :o maybe ask someone here best way to breed the little buggers... if you need can save up more for ya... just let me know?
Voltaire:

plecoL83

how big is your green spotted puffer tank how many do you think you'll get or have?

puffer girl

Quote from: plecoL83 on July 01, 2007, 10:26:56 AM
how big is your green spotted puffer tank how many do you think you'll get or have?

Hi ,

i have a 30 g. tall . I'm thinking having 4 of them . I need to wait until the salt is ok in the tank , before i go shopping for them . I did go to see them yesterday at Big Als , they are so cute .  :-*

Martine
puffer girl

puffer girl

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 30, 2007, 08:00:52 PM
Did the puffers get there snacks?  :D hope they liked em'...  :o maybe ask someone here best way to breed the little buggers... if you need can save up more for ya... just let me know?

I did put some in another tank with my pleco and my betta , i want to try to breed them . Thank's to you .  ;)

Martine
puffer girl

plecoL83

I did some reasearch on the green spotted puffer myself thinking of setting up or adding to and existing tank, green spotted puffers are highly territorial and will grow to a size of 6 inches, and in a 30 you should only have 2 max for they require spacious surroundings. they need to be kept in a species tank.  :) hope this helps.

audioslave_36

Quote from: puffer girl on July 01, 2007, 11:17:19 AM

I did put some in another tank with my pleco and my betta , i want to try to breed them . Thank's to you .  ;)

Martine
puffer girl

if you have a canister filter, drop a hand ful of them inside it next time you clean it, they will breed like mad in there. and I think they actually help in there.

Dave