Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

HELP - Iridescent shark

Started by CMW, July 09, 2007, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Great news, though I am sure Mr. Sharky was probably enjoying the jacuzzi. :)

angelfish

Hi,

I too have an iridescent black shark. I acquired him ten years ago when he was already 24 years old!  I spoke to the original owner who verified that he bought the fish as a baby in 1972. The shark is 35 years old!

He has always lived in a 130 gallon. When I got him he had lived in a basement aquarium and was rarely attended to. He was relatively small, about 10 inches. Now he is about 16 inches and very hefty through out his body. I purchased him "a friend", another iridescent shark eleven years ago and he is now about ten inches, but small still in the body. I feed them cooked zucchini occasionally and they like that as well as sinking algae prellets and wafers.

I am currently  lobbying my husband to agree to purchasing a 220 gallon for the fish. It may take a wee while longer.  ;)

We all love the sharks. They are real pets. I agree that they are shy. Mine allows me to put my arm I slowly in the tank and almost stroke him. Nice to read about other's experiences with them!

Janet