Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Question about " My Gallery "

Started by speckledmind, July 11, 2007, 01:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckledmind

I finally got around to uploading some images to " My Gallery ", but I would like to rearrange the order they are displayed in, can it be done ?

Cheers,
Denis

darkdep

PaleoFishGirl

Nope... silly thing, you have to upload them in the reverse order to which you want them displayed. The first pic you upload will be the last one in the gallery.  You get used to it.

bitterman

You can put pictures in different Galleries to reorder them sorta, Al least show one area in a collective place. I did lok at your gallery and with only a few pis that probably won't help you, but in the future you coudl great groups of picture based on each month or something.

Gallereies are supose to be reoderable, but the UP/DOWN links don't seam to work for me any more so I can't change the order my Galleries :(

Bruce

speckledmind

Thanks,

I was wondering why they all showed up in the reverse order of upload lol

I can deal with not being able to rearrange the order they are displayed in.
But !
It is kind of silly  ???
Even if I delete them all and start over, every time I upload a new image to update my gallery and show the progress of my Poor Man's Reef Tank ( what I wanted to accomplish in this particular case ), the last image uploaded will always show first instead of last  ???
It's not the end of the world,
But ! it usually goes the other way around, progress usually goes forward lol

It's just one of my crazy ideas  ;)

Cheers,
Denis

PS : I know it's the software, not the web team.

mseguin

Easiest way to get around it for something u want in sequence: create a gallery called Poor Man's Reef, then create subgalleries for each date and upload pictures in there.

dan2x38

Quote from: speckledmind on July 11, 2007, 01:28:30 PM
I finally got around to uploading some images to " My Gallery ", but I would like to rearrange the order they are displayed in, can it be done ?

Cheers,
Denis

nice set-up... I do not think there is such a thing as a cheap SW set-up...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

speckledmind

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 11, 2007, 07:06:01 PM
nice set-up... I do not think there is such a thing as a cheap SW set-up...
Thanks Dan,

The Poor Man's Reef Tank is a doable thing, it does exist, and I did it  ;)
I could not get it through my head that a nano 20 Gal. tank with two clown cost $1,000.00
So I built a 50 Gal. Poor Man's Reef Tank and spent about the same thing.
More to follow at a latter date / thread, and in another Forum Discussion area.

One of my Motto's is " Don't try to reinvent the wheel, just find a different way of greasing the bearings to make it run smoother / faster "  :)

Cheers,
Denis