Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Siamese Bumblebee Catfish

Started by mseguin, July 15, 2007, 09:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

I need a scavenger for my Tang tank, and most Synos are either too expensive or get too big and ugly. As such, I was interested in going with the Asian Bumblebee Catfish, Leiocassis siamensis. Has anyone ever kept these guys, eitehr with Africans or other fish? They're supoosed to tolerate a wide range of pH, and don't get too massive.

dsylvak

Matt

I suggest you get the s. petricola. Max size 4 inches. They go very well with Tang cichlids. Next time around order them thru Spencer Jack at $10 apiece. Big Al's has them too but way to pricey.

keith

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on July 15, 2007, 09:52:24 AM
I need a scavenger for my Tang tank, and most Synos are either too expensive or get too big and ugly. As such, I was interested in going with the Asian Bumblebee Catfish, Leiocassis siamensis. Has anyone ever kept these guys, eitehr with Africans or other fish? They're supoosed to tolerate a wide range of pH, and don't get too massive.

Nature in Montreal have a couple of different kind of synos at 15$....don't know if you think that is too expensive but I am going back next weekend if you are interested and can bring one back for you.

mseguin

The second one, "syn. shaitederu" could that possibly be schoutedeni? Never heard of syn. shaitederu

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on July 15, 2007, 02:33:49 PM
The second one, "syn. shaitederu" could that possibly be schoutedeni? Never heard of syn. shaitederu

Might be, I was taking this down by hand and my handwriting is....err not so good.  I can check next weekend and let you know.