Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Few shots of my flowerhorn.

Started by Mettle, July 15, 2007, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heidi

I'm still undecided....the flowerhorns they have in are pretty small but hmm....

Once they got bigger it would probably be a fight with the jag. She gets along well with the parrots ( the are 7 parrots who swim together so if the jag gets frisky -then they have each other to back themselves up).  I've got 2 large (over a foot long) tire tracks in there but everyone leaves them alone.  The FH at Big Al's is very aggressive, but it could be that he's cramped in that tank and he's an aggressive male. Maybe I could get a passive one...yah right!!!

Maybe I will try it out....maybe I won't....I'll get the  >:( >:( >:( if I try it and then have to start up another tank for him.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

jdx

It grew up to be a nice fish!

I had kept a Trimac, which species provided the gene to most FHs. IME, to save from a lost stress to owner and all the fish, I wouldn't keep it with other cichlids that grow to similar size and pose a threat to it.
My Trimac tried to lock jaws with a red Devil since there were 10". He was defeated by the Red Devil in every battle. It lasted for about 2 years, without causing much damage to both. Until at last he and the red devil reached 14" (7" tall, 4" thick!!), his jaws were broken by the Red Devil, that's the end of the story for him. This all happened in a 1000G.

Heidi

Ouch, that's heartbreaking. To put so much time and effort into a fish or fishes to have him go in the end like that. Oh well, I guess that's the circle of life..in a morbid sort of way.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards