Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Square pin to straight pin adapters?

Started by dpatte, July 22, 2007, 12:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

Im not sure which forum to post this in - it could probably go into about 4, so i chose two (fresh and salt).

Is there such a thing as a square pin to straight pin adapter? (for CF 55/65W bulbs)?

Where could one find one.

yellowtang

With PC,usually the ballast comes already with the
straight/square connectors.....I replaced one of the ballast from
my PC/HQI lights and I bought the ballast(SunPark ballast) and it already
had the square connector.....
As far as connectors most likely you will have to do the cutting and rewiring
of it, DYI ,since both have for wires the same but at different configuration.
4 pins in SQ/STRAIGHT.
Talk to the guys at Marinescape they might be able to guide to
your questions and needs.
cheers
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

BigDaddy

I know I have seen them David... but I just can't remember where off the top of my head

sniggir

you can try asking the guys at litmore as this is more up their ally than marinescape... hopefully they can help ya
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

RoxyDog

such as...my socket is straight pin, but I have a square pin bulb, there's an adaptor to make this work?  oooo, I'm waiting for the answer to this one!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

dpatte

Quote from: RoxyDog on July 23, 2007, 10:17:39 AM
such as...my socket is straight pin, but I have a square pin bulb, there's an adaptor to make this work?  oooo, I'm waiting for the answer to this one!

Hey Roxy - maybe we should trade light fixtures