Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Spike RIP

Started by Nerine, July 26, 2007, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

I found Spike my old pleco last night :( I've had him since he was 6 inches long and so skinny his belly was all caved in. He lived in the pond for a few summers, moved indoors and grew like wildfire till he was finally moved indoors :)

We had him almost 7 years and he was just over a foot long when he passed.

Silly to some but I miss him already!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

Sorry to hear about your loss there Nerine, losing a pet and feeling sad about it is not silly to me, they may be fish, but they have personality and wriggle a space into our hearts.

babblefish1960

Just out of curiosity was he named after the blond fellow with the Billy Idol hairdo and the slayer woman's great long coat? Sounds like a terrific fish.

Raygurl

Sorry to here of your loss! The poor guy! When my dear sweet betta kicked it i cryed a little and i only had him for 3 years!  :( But at least now you have room for a new love of your life ;D :)

Nerine

Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Kobi

Sorry Nerine - sounds like he was pretty special.  and missing him is no fun.  do you have a picture of him?
46 gal planted bowfront
- 2 pairs Microgheophagus ramirez (German blue rams), 15 cardinal tetras, 4 panda corys, 4 bushynose plecos
- vallisineria (straight + spiral), cabomba, egeria, dwarf sagittaria, java fern, wisteria, anubias nana, rotala

plecoL83

sorry to hear about that, when you have your fish so long you kind of get attached to them.

Nerine

This is him a couple years back :) I can't find any recent photos

Baldrick

Sorry to hear the news :(We sympathize, in some small way, not having had a fish live to that age. I know how upset we were at the passing of much younger fellows.

Nerine

It's hard to loose them at any age!!

since his passing...Spot has been coming out :D (he's a synodontis) and he's starting to swim to the surface to take pellets out of my hand...guess he is feeling pretty bold now! :)

dan2x38

Losing a pet is very sad... sorry for your loss!  :(
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

jodes22

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 28, 2007, 11:48:55 PM
Losing a pet is very sad... sorry for your loss!  :(

My sentiments exactly, Nerine...

He was a beauty!