Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

When were your hands dry last?

Started by dan2x38, July 30, 2007, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Recently I've been battling Ich in my main display tank...  :'( It seems to be going OK. I have never washed my hands as much as I have in the past 1 1/2 weeks. From finger tips to my elbows very hot anytime I am near that tank. Since I am doing large daily WCs that is a lot of scrubbing. If I suspect even a drop of water from that tank is on my hands or equipment back to scrubbing I go.

Along with the regular wet hands from tank maintenance mine hands & arms are getting very dried out. Is there some cream I can use that will not create a risk of contaminating the water?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

RoxyDog

I find my SW tank makes my skin very dry, I use Aveeno.  I am positive I've put my hands back in there after the cream went on, just maybe not right away.  wait at least an hour or something, or even better, put the cream on before you go to bed.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Nerine

Put the cream on before bed...using pure vitamin e oil helps. or baby oil and massage it in before bed. lotions such as the aveeno one - fantastic! also coco butter works wonders (it can be hard sometimes to find in unaltered form or ones that is lotion and not for hair!)

There really isn't anything you can use during the day unless you wash it off first...

Paraffin wax treatments are good...do that once in awhile :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

Yes, Aveno is great.  It contains oatmeal and other natural ingredients...just make sure to read the label and get the scent free stuff.  I use that stuff all the time due to skin problems and I have never had a problem with putting my hands in the tank.

dan2x38

I got some but guess it will take a few days or so... I've been scrubbing away anytime I get near a tank & I got 7 plus my QT...  :D
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Fishnut

MTS Dan...lol

I don't know if this is possible in your set-up, but what I did, when I had a bad case of MTS, with the hospital tanks and QT tanks is put them in a completely separate area.  They had their own bucket, siphon, nets, scrb pads, filter media and food bottles.  As long as I washed my hands and arms after dealing with them, I was free to double dip in my healthy tanks :)