Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cory eggs

Started by washefuzzy, July 31, 2007, 11:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Much to my delight I got up this morning to find my to bronze cory catfishes in mating ritual. :D  :) They have left eggs here and there. :)
I would really like to have some little cories hatch. How do I make sure this happens?  The eggs are on the glass and on some plant leaves. I also afraid that those piggy platies will eat all the eggs and hatchlings.
This is so exciting.
I've been adding garlic oil to the cory's algae pellets. I wonder if this has anything to do with their breeding. I know it is cory eggs because the only other fish in the tank are live bearing platies who ate all their yound except one, who is turning into a fine piggy specimen herself. ::)

washefuzzy

My bronze cory's eggs have hatched!! :) Okay well only 4 of them the rest have gone to fuzz but I'm thrilled to have had some hatch.
Now I just got to move the little guy out of the pickle jar to my 4gal Brita tank. :)
I hoping their egg sack will feed them until I can go out tomorrow and pick them up some proper food right now I'll have to grind up betta flakes to feed them.
It's so exciting. I hope they live. I really like watching the antics of of the 2 adult bronze cories I have. :) :)
It must be the garlic I've been feeding them that made them frisky enough to lay eggs. ;)

plecoL83

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

jodes22

YAYAYAYAA!!! That's awesome!!! Congrats!

babblefish1960

That is great news, any clues as to what sort of numbers you have as well as species?  Looking forward to some pictures naturally. :)

washefuzzy

I think I have 7 little bronze cories. They are soooo... tiny. At first i was using a magnify glass to see them. I want them to live so bad. Now I know why I like aquariums it's like being in grade school doing science projects but better!! :) :) :) :)

Fishnut

Wow!!  Congrats on the baby corys!! 

You mentioned that you have been adding garlic oil to the pellets.  What inspired that addition?

washefuzzy

Quote from: Fishnut on August 03, 2007, 04:07:28 PM
Wow!!  Congrats on the baby corys!! 

You mentioned that you have been adding garlic oil to the pellets.  What inspired that addition?
The oil idea came from some wonderful Ovas member who's name eludes me at the moment. ::) The garlic was to get rid of internal parasites and strength the fishes immune system. It's a little messy but I'm figuring out how to put one drop  on the food with a toothpick and let it soak in a bit. Still how to see how this works.

babblefish1960

What is the current status on the adorably ugly wee ones these days? :)

washefuzzy

Some one kindly donated me some micro worms which they seem to like.
I've got 3 left. They seem very strong and I counting on my ugly little ones to survive! :-\
Every couple of hours I take out my magnify glass and check up on them. It's so cute to watch their little fins flutter about.
Thanks for asking I might even try to take a pic but I doubt my camera is good enough to take a decent pic but I got to try. :)