Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Overflow skimmer - fw

Started by KLKelly, August 01, 2007, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I was planning on drilling my 90 an adding a sump and trickle tower.  I have a constant problem of small particles on the surface in my water.  I trickle water change water or 24 hours to get some iron and sulpher out but it doesn't seem to get rid of the particles in the main tank.  (No matter how often I skim off the top - the particles reappear.  When I set up a cheap surface skimmer on a spare aquaclear the filter floss was a greyish colour - which possibly means gassed out sulpher.)

I was worried about flooding though and cracking the tank during drilling so I haven't gone through with it.  I think I found a solution on line.  Its sold out and most likely would be another month and a half at least before they get it in.

Anyone use this?  What do you guys think? I think it looks amazing. Pets and Ponds said this item is extremely popular and was on backorder with the last shipment.

http://www.petsandponds.com/securestore/c330182p16894856.2.html

Karrie

kennyman

You should be able to get a surface skimmer attachment for much less. They convert conventional pickup of an existing filter to surface skimmers.

sniggir

aslo you should be able to get a decent overflow box for cheaper... about 70 $
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

mlee

I bought one of these about a year and a half ago and it works fine (CS90) but the price is kind of steep.  I will build my own the next time.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/tlist/overflows/overflows.php?category_ID=89