Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Platy dwarf gourami conflect

Started by normc, August 15, 2007, 10:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normc

I put a dwarf gourami in my 60 today and the female platy keeps nipping at him. Has any body else had this problem. >:(

babblefish1960

Gouramis are slow swimming fish with pectoral rays that dangle down a fair way, and the platy is a faster swimming tooth carp that really likes to rule over the other fish and eat them if they are slow enough, I don't believe that they will ever get along, sorry.

normc

The platy has been banished to the q tank :D

plecoL83

I must have like the most mean agressive dwarf gourami you've ever seen, in my tank he is boss, he chases anything and everything, even my flag fish and danios! I've also seen him (the gourami.) go after my silly platy!!!

dan2x38

Quote from: plecoL83 on August 16, 2007, 03:10:54 PM
I must have like the most mean agressive dwarf gourami you've ever seen, in my tank he is boss, he chases anything and everything, even my flag fish and danios! I've also seen him (the gourami.) go after my silly platy!!!

yeah my dwarf gourami also is a bully and rules that tank... have had to move a few fish he did not like... he gets along with the platies in there though as long as they follow his directions... LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

fishycanuck

I had a sociopathic gourami - killed everything in the tank before we figured out who was the guilty party.  ???