Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Green Eggs and Ham - A Red Cherry Shrimp Question

Started by kooby, August 18, 2007, 03:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kooby

Hello. I bought 3 Cherry Shrimp just yesterday. Months before I got them I tried researching all that I could about them so that I could make a good home for them. But anyways, my question here is about some eggs found in the swimmerets of one of my females. From what I have read, Cherry Shrimp eggs are yellowy white, correct? The female I have has green eggs (they look brown or black when she's hiding them - red plus green = brown). Is this normal? Are these unfertilized eggs? I have never seen this in my research. Any help is appreciated. :)  ;D

Fishnut

They're good eggs.  My tiger shrimp had eggs and they were brown, plus I've seen cherry shrimp with eggs and they were brown.  I think it all depends on the light.  In the pictures of my tiger shrimp with eggs, the eggs look green from the flash, but to look at them normally, they're brown. 

Congrats!!

Laura

Mine have appeared very different colours at different stages.  I would suspect if she's holding them, that all is good.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

kooby

Oh good. It's good to hear that it's no unheard of. Thanks for the responses! :) She is holding them well and "airs them out" once and a while by swishing her swimmeretes around. There are lots of good hiding places for her. I look forward to seeing mini shrimpies!!  ;D  ;D