Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Compatibility Question

Started by RossW, August 19, 2007, 12:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

Does anyone know off hand if the following stand a chance of getting along peacefully?

5 - Otto Cat's
5 - Neon Tetra's
1 - Zebra Loaches <= a couple friends coming real soon for him
2 - Sterbai Cories
2 - Angelfish <= not yet purchased but my daughter would really like me to

I am looking to consolidate two tanks into a single 32g but they would be sharing a 10g for a couple days with frequent water changes if required.  The angelfish and additional loaches would not be added until they are in the 32g.

Thanx,
Ross

DavidJohnson

You will probably have problems with the Angelfish snacking on the Neons.  The others should be fine.

mseguin

RossW

Quote from: DavidJohnson on August 19, 2007, 12:32:09 PM
You will probably have problems with the Angelfish snacking on the Neons.  The others should be fine.

Would the angels still snack on cardinals... or what colouful dither would you reccomend instead?

Thanx.

beowulf

Quote from: RossW on August 19, 2007, 12:39:21 PM
Would the angels still snack on cardinals... or what colouful dither would you reccomend instead?

Thanx.

It's not a guarantee that they will snack on them, especially if you get the angels small and they grow up with them.  rummy noses can be a good alternative.

BigDaddy

If an angel can fit it in its mouth, it may eat it.  I've kept angels and cardinals together, but not angels and neons.

babblefish1960

If the neons are smaller, the angels will eat them, the same would be true for very young cardinals, however, angelfish can't fit mature cardinals in their mouths, so they are fine, and rummynose tetras are very good dithers, but marauders when it comes to spawning angelfish.

Otherwise, your selection should all be getting along fine in your 32 gallon.