Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Help Me Please

Started by Pink Punisher, August 19, 2007, 05:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Punisher

I am hopeing SOMEONE can point me in the direction of these fish, I have my name in at Big Als on Innes for if these fish come in to give me a call but i have a feeling they wont get my fish in (They've been waiting like 4 weeks for ABF[African Butterfly fish] ) Ok so heres the list.

2 Leopard Bush Fish - Ctenopoma acutirostue
1 African Brown Knife - Xenomystus nigri
4 African Butterfly - Pantodon buchholzi

Im hopeing someone will atleast have a idea of where to get them or if they know of a place that will make custom orders, a store/site that will make custom orders would be a dream ;D

Oh yea one more thing, this is my first post :D lol

Thanks,
Spencer

Heidi

Have you tried the Big Al's in Kanata? They had the leopard bush fish very reciently and might have a few left. They were in the top right hand row facing their marine section. They were about $15. They do get them in semi regularly.  The other 2 - I am not sure. Sometimes they are the same fish what you want but the dealer labels them differently...so you may be asking at the store by their "common" name but they have it labelled by a different one than what you are used to. Example - the leopard bush fish is also called the climbing perch in other stores.  If you put your name on their "wish" list - don't fret....they will get them in. Find out which person does the bulk of the live good ordering and visit them every week before they place their order to see if the fish you want are on their availability list. They see alot of people everyday and while they have every good intention of finding your fish for you - they may forget what people have been asking for...they are only human.  The more often you visit them and ask about your fish - the more they are likely to remember it when they are looking at the sellers list. Keep in mind the cost and # of fish they have to order to get your one fish in. Some sellers ask that you purchase a large amount of 1 fish in....so they may ask that you order 20 bush fish in...the staff will know if they can sell that amount or not to make it worth while to bring the fish in. If the last batch stayed in the store FOREVER, they may not order that fish, even though YOU want only 1 or 2.  Plus they know if the seller has good stock or sensitive stock. If the last batch they ordered in all died, they may not order that type of fish again, just in case.

Anyways, I ramble. Try the Big Al's in Kanata for your bush fish.  If it makes you feel any better, I have been waiting for close to 2 years for my Tai Cobra Eels to come in (freshwater)....still waiting!!!

Heidi
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

Pink Punisher

Wow Heidi thats quite the wait :o I couldnt make it that long id break down and fill the tank with something else lol. Im gonna try giving both Big Als a call tommorow see if any of my fish got in, I gave them the latin name as well just to make sure but i had a arrow pointing up to show who the latin name was too and the arrow was in the middle and i think he may hae put the arrow as a letter =\ I also gave them two names for the bush fish though, Leopard Bush fish and Spotted Climbing Perch so hopefully something will have popped up and hopefully ill be getting those bushies this wensday, Im gonna give them a call tommorow see how many they have in ( if any ) and if they do ill see if they can hold them till wensday for me ;D .

Also incase your curious on why im getting all african fish im going to be setting up a african bio-tope, I have sand for a bottom im gonna try and get some frist wood but for the mean time i have a fake piece lol and then im gonna try placing some live plants in there and i have it all planned out how i want it to look, of course it wont end up that way....they never do :P my fish list for the tank is the fish previously posted and a Delhezi Bichir which i already have and he ate one of my girlfriends zebra danois...good little guy ;D LOL but yea im gonna wrap this up seeing as im rambling, sorry.

Thanks,
Spencer

Heidi

I'm patient for these guys plus I don't bug as often as I should even tho I am in there about 2 - 3 times a week. I have filled up my tanks with other stuff, but other compatable stuff so if ever 1 comes in....he's mine!!!

Good luck with the african thing - you will find alot of people on this site are into africans. I have never gone that route personally but they look like cool fish. I've had the perch before in the past, they are really cool fish, especially when they hunt.

Good luck. I am in Kanata's Al's on Wed, I'll see if they have any left for you.
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons

Jesse

We have African Butterfly fish at Superpet Barrhaven if your interested (oh man, only a few days left as SuperPet...).

Pink Punisher

That would be GREAT Heidi thank you very much :) Ill be calling tommorow and i have there numbers, I got one of there booklets of all there products at the BA on the east end so i have both there numbers and the ones in BC. LOL :D I cant wait to set this thing up.

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2007, 09:20:43 PM
We have African Butterfly fish at Superpet Barrhaven if your interested (oh man, only a few days left as SuperPet...).

Oh yea, Jesse thats right SuperPet got bought out by Petsmart...yay.. ::) lol Atleast the Superpets i ment to seem to give a damn about there fish Petsmart makes me sick that way and the way they care for reptiles...although most places are bad now'a'days. Ill see if i can zip down there if neither of the BA have them.

Thanks,
Spence

Pink Punisher

I called BA today on the west end and he said he hasnt had any Leopard Bush Fish in for about a year so someone must be wrong here :-\ how recently do you by recently? lol

Thanks,
Spence

Heidi

I'll go out there and look on Wed. I may be getting my fish mixed up as well too. Wouldn't be the first time  :D.  Do you know who you were speaking too? I'll check with Adam and see if knows where to get any or sees them on the order list.
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons

charlie

Quote from: Pink Punisher on August 19, 2007, 05:47:14 PM
I am hopeing SOMEONE can point me in the direction of these fish, I have my name in at Big Als on Innes for if these fish come in to give me a call but i have a feeling they wont get my fish in (They've been waiting like 4 weeks for ABF[African Butterfly fish] ) Ok so heres the list.

2 Leopard Bush Fish - Ctenopoma acutirostue
1 African Brown Knife - Xenomystus nigri
4 African Butterfly - Pantodon buchholzi

Im hopeing someone will atleast have a idea of where to get them or if they know of a place that will make custom orders, a store/site that will make custom orders would be a dream ;D

Oh yea one more thing, this is my first post :D lol

Thanks,
Spencer
I was at Aquarium services Innis today & they have about 10-12 african butterfly .
Regards

Pink Punisher

Quote from: charlie on August 20, 2007, 06:40:59 PM
I was at Aquarium services Innis today & they have about 10-12 african butterfly .
Regards

I dont suppose you have there number so i can get some on hold? unless you mean the Big Al's in which that case they should have called me...do they have a site? sorry for the questions  :P

Thanks,
Spence

Fishnut

try looking on www.canada411.ca for phone numbers.  It's wonderful if you don't have the yellow pages!

babblefish1960

You could always try the Articles/Info bar at the left of your screen and look under the heading "shopping" and click on the name, "OVAS sponsors, addresses and phone numbers abound.

Pink Punisher

Quote from: babblefish1960 on August 20, 2007, 09:29:27 PM
You could always try the Articles/Info bar at the left of your screen and look under the heading "shopping" and click on the name, "OVAS sponsors, addresses and phone numbers abound.

Oh belive me ive tried ;)

Also im thinking of adding some kribs? how big do they get and would they survive?

Spence