Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fluval Canister Replacement Hose

Started by RossW, August 22, 2007, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

Has anyone replaced the ribbed hose on their Fluval Canister w/ something which is not ribbed?

Thanx,
Ross

darkdep

Many have.  No reason you can't.  I've run fluvals off of several types of vinyl hose.

RossW

Quote from: DarkDep on August 22, 2007, 08:08:22 AM
Many have.  No reason you can't.  I've run fluvals off of several types of vinyl hose.

Did you just get the hose from Home Depot which had a nice snug fit?

darkdep

I had a bunch of fluval "brand" hose, and Eheim "brand" hose (which is just different coloured vinyl).  I do, now, have some standard HD clear vinyl on one of my cannisters, yes.

audioslave_36

I am running clear tube on my fluval 404 and my UV filter Ross ( I just cut a piece off of my Python  :-[ because 50 feet was to long anyway) and it works great. It was a snug fit but nothing that a little hot water couldn't fix. :)

Dave

dan2x38

I buy all my hose from Home depot much cheaper. I have always wandered if the ribbed hoses were not just traps for debris to build up? A smooth clear hose lets ya know when cleaning is needed to prevent flow issues over time... IMO
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

RossW

I also suspect that the ribs may significantly reduce flow.