Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Excitement about new discus baby's

Started by apuppet, August 22, 2007, 12:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apuppet

i happen to have stumbled over to my uncles house, last night, and have found out that his discus are with baby's .
Here is a quick picture of the Father Discus with his babys.

thanks all, just wanted to share my wonderful expericens to see this in person.   sorry for the low qaulity camera phone shots. :|
i assume, there are 80+ babys chasing the Daddy Discus. :D 

-a

[attachment deleted by admin]
planted

Nyx

Wow! New babies are so cute, aren't they? Thanks for sharing the pics. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

BigDaddy

Here comes the hard part.. keeping them alive.  Don't be discouraged if there are losses.  Juvie discus are very hard to raise to inch + size as they are very prone to flukes and are quite sensitive.

apuppet

from what i gathered, its week 3 of the baby discus.

And the babys are under an inch long. .. perhaps the shape of a dime.  some are getting their "strips" already.  lots of water changes, and ~6 feeding a day, ouch, that just way to much time spent.  He's retired, i guess he's plenty of spare time. :P

here more pictures,

i'd questioned him on why he removed the parent, it seems,  that the babys are mature enough to be away from their parent. and also the parents weren't eatting while nursing, and he didnt want to see them waste away.  ic...

hehe. he also hinted that i'll be getting some of the baby's to play with .SWEET!!
now, to wait, till he's in a good mood before i remind him about it :D

enjoy,

[attachment deleted by admin]
planted